Ch.5

Hermione woke up Sunday morning at the sound of tapping on her window. It was a large brown owl the color of chocolate. In its talons was a package and in its beak was a letter. She opened the window letting the beautiful owl fly right in to drop the package on her bed, and then perched on the coat hanger.

"Now who do you belong to?" Hermione cooed as she stroked the beautiful owl.

She took the letter from the beautiful brown owl. There was no writing on it. She opened it and a small ring fell out. The ring was made of yellow gold  with Marquis-shaped sapphire stones that were set at the ends of two beautiful pure white pearls. It was the ring that she had stared at when Malfoy, no wait Draco (they were now going by first names as it wouldn't be as believable if they dated and still called each other by their last names) had taken her to a store. A woman had been trying it on when Hermione saw it and fell in love with it.

Pearls had always been her favorite out of all others as it had been her mother's favorite too. She used to love watching her mother putting on her pearl earrings and necklace as a child. She used to dream of wearing pearls and look as sophisticated as her mother as most daughters did at that young age. Her father had even given her a cute pearl necklace when she was eight. She had cherished it but the necklace had outgrown her years ago.

She looked once again at the envelope for more. She glimpsed some writing on the top of the inside of the envelope. On it said…

To match your nail polish.

-DM

Hermione stared at it then laughed. Draco Malfoy had gotten it for her. She would've never seen that happening in a million of years. Heck if someone had told her yesterday he would have bought her the ringl she would have stared at them nuts especially after what Draco said about it. She could quote his exact words.

"Should've known you'd like that cheap looking ring, Grang- err Hermione."

She slipped it on her finger. It fit perfectly.

"I should've known you'd be Malfoy's." Hermione said as she handed the owl a treat she usually reserved for Harry's owl Honor. She also gave the owl the thank you letter she whipped up.

The owl ate it in a heartbeat. It looked up at her with wide brown eyes then pecked her hand affectionately before it flew off back to its master. Hermione watched the owl become a speck in the sky. She then closed her eyes as she relished the sunlight on her face.

It was Sunday. She normally went to the Burrow to join the Weasleys for their annual brunch but things were different this time. She wasn't with Ron anymore and she doubted that he wouldn't come. Just as she was thinking this, two other owls came flying in. One she recognized. It was Harry's owl, Honor, while the other just dropped off the Daily Prophet and left.

We need to talk. I tried calling you several times yesterday but you didn't answer. I'm so sorry about Ron. If you need me, I'm just a floo away. Are you going to brunch today? Please do, you know you're always welcome even if you and Ron are no longer together.

-Harry

Hermione smiled sadly before writing a reply.

I can't sorry. I'm not ready yet. Tell them though that I'm sorry. I'm headed to the produce market today. Do you, Ginny, or Teddy need anything?

-Hermione

!

Draco Malfoy sat on one of the plush seats as he read the letter Hermia had come back with.

He still wore his sleeping wear, a pair of silk black trousers and sans shirt. He had an amused smile on as he read it.

Malfoy