Ch.20

Draco woke up with a jolt, hearing the shriek come from the bathroom. In his post drunken state, he fell over and off the bed because the sheets had twisted around him. But he made it to the bathroom and threw the doors open. "Hermione!"

Hermione had luckily wrapped a towel around her when she heard a thump come from the other side of the bathroom door.

"What happened?" Draco yelled a little calmer finding her in one piece.

Hermione looked up at him, eyes wide like saucers. She held up her hand, palm away from him. Showing him what had made her shriek.

"Oh bloody hell, what did we do last night Granger?"

"You proposed to me when you were drunker than a Giant." Hermione pointed out as she tried to pull off the much too big, much too elegant, and very expensive looking ring off her finger.

"I did didn't I?" Draco sighed. "We were both inebriated Hermione. If you were sane you wouldn't have said yes."

"Oh believe me after reading the article I would've eloped with you if you'd asked me." Hermione spat out angrily.

"Really?" Draco perked up a bit hearing that.

"Anything to wipe that hideous smile off her stupid face. I can't believe her." Hermione said angrily as she continued to try to pull off the ring.

"Oh." Draco said less upbeat this time.

"Why can't I get this thing off!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Let me see- oh shit."

"What? Oh shit what?"

"That's the Malfoy Heirloom."

"Okay so what about a Malfoy heirloom? What makes it special?" Hermione retorted.

"It has an enchantment on it that goes back at least half a century…"

"Draco." Hermione warned.

"The enchantment is…" Draco hurried.

"What? Draco what is the enchantment on this ring?"

"You have to promise not to kill me. We were both drunk and…"

"Spit it out."

"The engagement cannot be broken unless by death."

"What?" Hermione couldn't help but say.

"It was made many years ago so that an engagement can't be broken. The marriage must happen. It enforces fidelity until the wedding night. It can only be broken by death, nothing else."

"Oh bloody thousand times hell… I just got out of an engagement less than three months ago. Now I'm… I think I'm going to throw up!" Hermione ran to the toilet.

Draco held Hermione's hair behind her and gently rubbed her back as soothingly as he could.

"This is just so romantic huh?" Hermione said sarcastically as she flushed the toilet.

Draco gave a small chuckle. "Tell me about it." He said letting her go to the sink and rinse her mouth.

"What are we going to do Draco?" Hermione asked leaning on the sink, staring at him.

!

Ginny groaned as the telephone began to ring. She buried her face into the pillow to block out the sound. No avail.

She threw the covers over her head. She sighed happily as the ringing stopped.

"Mummy, mummy." Teddy said as he climbed into bed with Ginny.