Ch.7

Hermione walked briskly to her office.

She neither noticed the stares that she was receiving from the people she passed nor the appreciative looks many males had as they watched her go past. She was fully concentrated on the Daily Prophet article in her hand. Splat on the front page of the cover was her and Malfoy!

Mystery Girl Still Unknown

There have been many speculations on who the latest squeeze of the scrumptious Draco Malfoy is. Many have suggested Taylor Ewin, The newest pop sensation. Though Taylor and her rep deny these allegations though Ewin did quote she wouldn't mind at all being the lucky girl in the picture. But don't we all?

Though a reliable source has told us that she is not just a rebound of Sadie Rayne...

"My god, this is ridiculous. This is the headline news? What rubbish." Hermione muttered as she walked into her department.

"I'm sorry are you lost?"

Hermione looked up. It was one of her co-workers. Ken Hamilton. All the females, especially the secretaries were always gossiping about him. And trying to vie for him too. It was a bit sad really even her assistant did so.

But he did have soft brown hair and blazing blue eyes. His grin was a lady killer and she would bet he could charm anyone out of their, well knickers. She'd met him often for the harder cases. He was pleasant, very nice and polite not to mention easy on the eyes. She could see why the women all fell for him. But there were speculations whether he was straight. He'd never heed any attention on any of the women there.

"No Hamilton, I'm perfectly fine." Hermione said giving a soft smile before she began to walk around him.

Hermione was stopped when he lightly touched her elbow while she was passing. Hermione looked up at him questioningly.

Seconds went by as he just stared at her.

"Oh my goodness, Hermione Granger?"

She didn't look that different did she? Hermione asked herself when Ken had apologized for being rude though she didn't think he had been.

Well maybe she did look slilghtly different. Hermione thought as she touched her hair. Her hair was soft and sleek with slight curls now and she had it in a butterfly clippie instead of her normal severe bun. And her outfit...

Hermione grimaced. It was one that Malfoy had picked out himself and that said enough on it's own. It was a purple blouse with a pretty low cut neckline though she was wearing a grey undershirt. It still fit rather snug and hugged every curve. She also had on a grey tulip skirt that complimented the shirt and was just as snug and fitting as the shirt. She also wore a pair of satin heels the same deep purple color as her shirt.

Who the bloody hell was she kidding, she looked like the stereotypical image of a desperate secretary.

Hermione was planning wonderful ways of hexing Malfoy painfully when a large array of flowers caught her eye.

The whole array was full of purple flowers.

Tulips, Carnations, lilies, poppies, you named it, it was there and was dyed purple. The whole array was at least the size of a kitchen sink.

Hermione blinked. Rubbed her eyes and blinked again.

"Oh my god, it's for you." Her assistant gushed when she saw her from the corner of her eye.

"He didn't." Hermione muttered.

"Who's he... Ohmigod, Hermione you look gorgeous!" Her assistant said her jaw agape.