Chapter 5

Alexander looked at me with a million dollar smile as he held out his hand for me to shake.

I raised an eyebrow and glanced at his hand. Staring at it for a moment before I looked back up at him.

"Mr Celeste. Do you realize what you are accusing me of?" I bit out as I let out a fake gasp.

Alexander saw right through my act and now it was his turn to raise an eyebrow. A small sexy smirk appeared on his lips.

"As a matter of fact," he said with a pause, "I do. You can cut the act, we're on the same team."

My eyebrows shot up at his choice of words. We're on the same team. Looks like I'm not the only one with a strong will to eliminate Marcus of his status.

"How do I know you're not working with him? I can't trust you," I said with narrowed eyes.

I knew he wasn't working with him. Everyone has made it clear Alexander and Marcus despise each other with a passion.

Though, his offer was tempting. With his status and connections surely I could take down Marcus?

But I entered this game of revenge alone. My plan from the beginning was to take my-oh so sweet revenge; alone. I was in for the long run and I was doing it solo.

"You can't trust me?" Alexander said in what I guessed as amusement. He loosened his tie and glanced around the street.

Taking a large stride forward, he stood tall, towering over me even though I was in heels.

"The fact that you just admitted to hating Marcus shows me you know I'm not working with him," he said in a low whisper, his face suddenly close to mine.

He had me there.

I opened my mouth to speak but suddenly my mouth felt dry. For a second I was startled by his enciting dark eyes that seemed to pull me in. His gaze never left mine and I felt like I was rooted to my spot.

Clearing my throat I broke his gaze and looked down, taking a small step back.

"Well Mr Celeste, I don't think-"

"Call me Alexander."

I looked at him for a second before nodding my head and clearing my throat once more.

"Right. Alexander. With all due respect, I appreciate this but im going solo. I'd be really happy if you would forget about this little.." I trailed off trying to find the right word.

Conversation? Run in? Chat?

"Encounter?" Alexander suggested with a grin.

I didn't smile back. Making friends wasn't exactly in my top priorities.

After a long pause of complete and utter silence, Alexander let out a sigh and broke eye contact.

"Your name was?" He asked as his dark yet intriguing eyes found mine once again.

"Victoria," I said in a clipped tone.

When nothing else was said I turned around to leave. My long silk dress lightly grazed the floor as the slight breeze made my hair slightly brush against my face. After a few steps Alexanders voice made me stop.

"You and I will make him pay, don't you worry," I heard Alexander call out.

Rolling my eyes I spun around feeling annoyed.

"Do you not get a hint? I told you-" I abruptly stopped.

The curb Alexander was standing near, was now empty. Glancing around I saw no signs of life.