Chapter 34

'In moments of pain, we seek revenge.' -Vanessa Williams.

-

-

-

Marcus grinned from ear to ear as he eyed all our expressions. I focused my gaze back to his as he pushed the gun to rest on my forehead.

Everyone stayed silent. The only noises heard was everyone's ragged breathing.

"You're going to shoot me?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow, "-go ahead."

I had to play this game carefully.

If I knew one thing about Marcus, it was that he loved to play tricks and mind games.

I knew he wouldn't shoot me just yet. But I also knew he wouldn't hesitate to do so.

"Oh don't worry," Marcus said tilting his head, "-I will."

In that moment Alexander and Quinton were alarmed. It was obvious. However I on the other hand, didn't show any signs of emotion as I continued to stare Marcus down.

Before anyone else could speak, there was light groaning and a little cry of pain. 

Not bothering to glance back, Marcus tilted his head further to spot who I assumed to be Catelyn who was regaining consciousness. 

"Ah Catelyn!" Marcus cheered, his grip on the gun wobbling making me eye it, "-care to join the party?"

After a few long moments, I spotted Catelyn from the corner of my eye, slowly limping towards were both Marcus and Max stood.

Her gaze suddenly fell on mine and her eyes widened in horror.

"You...you nearly killed me!" she shouted out in disbelief and Marcus let out a loud laugh and I just stared at Catelyn now, silently.

"Marcus," she slowly drawled out, "-shoot her!" she suddenly said in anger and pain as she limped behind Max.

She gripped onto her lovers arm for support and balance. However, Max furiously pushed her away and looked at her in disgust.

In that moment, I planned to knock out the gun from Marcus' grip. Or perhaps, twist his arm and grab hold of the other end and point it to the ceiling. However, It wasn't possible. Marcus had pulled the safety pin and his finger was already on the trigger. I couldn't risk it.

"Don't touch me," Max said in hatred as he looked at Catelyn, "-the Lord knows what those hands have touched."

Soon as the words left Max's mouth, Catelyn's mouth opened wide and she furiously shook her head.

"Max! It's not true, I swear!" she lied, relating to her secret lover and I grinned, even if there was a gun pointed at my forehead.

"Really? I have photos," I offered and Catelyn looked at me in horror once again.

The tables had turned. And finally, she truly feared me.

"Enough of these petty issues," Marcus grumbled and Max glared towards him.

"You're right," Alexander suddenly said, creating even more tension.

"It is enough. So I suggest you put the gun away and fight like a real man," he hissed and Marcus suddenly narrowed his eyes and grabbed my arm pulling me closer.

He rested and pushed the gun further into my head and slowly twisted it.

"Well Mr Celeste," Marcus sarcastically said and I didn't dare move. Not yet.