Chapter 14

I slightly froze at his question. It took me a second to realize he was talking about the hickey Alexander gave me the other night.

I moved my head away from Marcus' grip and slowly stepped back. I straight away noticed I only had a few seconds to answer him. If I took to long then he'd figure out I was lying.

Before the panic I was feeling could be plastered onto my face I let a lazy smile slip onto my lips as I rolled my eyes.

"A hickey? No. A burn actually," I lied and rubbed my neck and pretended to shudder as if I was remembering the pain.

"Burn?" Marcus repeated suspiciously.

I had to fight off the urge to roll my eyes. What was it to him if I had a damn hickey? If we weren't under these circumstances and I wasn't acting, this would've ending messily.

"Yes a burn?" I said in fake confusion then tilted my head, "-Oh! you mean how!" I chuckled and stepped forward fixing his tie.

"I don't just wake up with these curls," I chuckled. However I prayed my curls looked presentable as I did just wake up with these curls.

Marcus still looked at me waiting for a clear answer and instead of rolling my eyes I smiled sweetly at him and kissed his neck.

"I burn't myself with the curling iron," I said slowly and finally Marcus understood what I met.

"Why didn't you say so?" He smirked and a second later roughly placed his lips on mine. I was taken aback as his anger subsided almost immediately and he believed one of the oldest excuses in the book.

Thankfully, I didn't have time to adjust to the kiss as he pulled back and cringed slightly.

I gave him a fake look of sympathy and touched his cheek.

"Has it gotten any better?" I frowned as my fingers trailed his bruises. However on the inside I was laughing evilly and silently sending all my love to Alexander for doing this to him.

Sending all my love? Wow Victoria.

"No," Marcus grumbled, "-the bastards going to pay for what he did though," He said clenching his jaw and I awkwardly nodded my head.

"You're going to beat him up?" I couldn't help but ask. However the thought was humorous, considering he was left defenseless against Alexander last time round.

"No. I'll get a few of my men to rough him up," Marcus said and I looked at him in what probably looked like a judgmental stare.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is what I would like to call a wimp.

Though, I didn't dare say that out loud.

"Oh?" I questioned, "-why don't you rough him up?" I asked almost disappointed in the man.

"Because I-" Marcus paused and then cleared his throat, "-because, I would hate to ruin my reputation," he said nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"We wouldn't want that now would we?" I cooed in a sarcastic tone, however Marcus probably didn't catch onto it considering he smiled.

"Exactly."

After another sloppy kiss Marcus leaned back and sighed as he glanced at the silver watch on his wrist.

"Right I've got to get going, I have some business to take care of," Marcus said fixing up his suit as he showed himself out.

Business to take care of on an early Sunday morning?

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow," I told him with a smile. Marcus placed a small kiss onto my cheek before opening the door to my apartment and walking away.