Part 32

Part 32

"Why are you not sleeping?" Tracey asked as she got comfortable under the covers.

"I'm not tired. I'll sleep in a little while. You go to sleep," I replied, glancing at the clock, waiting for it to strike ten. Curfew at Burswick Academy was at ten, and Dash had told me to meet him after curfew. I was not going to lie, but I was excited to see him. All day today I had been fantasizing about how this meeting would go. Would he beg me to take him back? Or would he threaten to ruin my life if I didn't break up with Damien? Dash was a mysterious guy so the possibilities being conjured in my mind were endless.

However, the excitement didn't stop guilt from showing its ugly face every time I looked at Damien and found him smiling at me. I didn't want to hurt him, I really didn't, but it felt like I would end up doing it simply because I loved Dash and didn't feel the same for Damien.

"What do you think about Ben?" I jumped at suddenly hearing Tracey's voice.

"You're still awake?" I wanted her to go to sleep so it would be easier for me to escape undetected.

"Yeah, I can't sleep. Now answer my question," she ordered.

"Uh, Ben is a good guy," I answered, lamely. I was eager to get out of here and meet Dash.

"I know right! I really like him, Bri, and I have a feeling he likes me, too," she said, taking me by surprise.

"He does? Has he said anything?" I asked.

"Not in so many words. But I've noticed that he always comes to me whenever he is free. And he has started to open up to me...about his life and other things," she replied.

"That's great. I'm glad you two are getting along." I told her sincerely. I wanted my best friend to be happy, and I wanted Ben to be happy as well, after what happened with Janice. Did he know that Lauren was her killer? And if he did, how did he feel about it? I really wanted to ask him this question, but he was best friends with Dash which was why I hadn't seen him.

"We are but he mostly talks about Janice and all the things they used to do together. Which makes me feel like he doesn't like me and just wants to be my friend," she stated.

I rolled my eyes. "The only reason he does that is because he misses her. And I'm sure he'll move on from her. Just be his friend because that's what he wants you to be right now."

"But I want him to ask me out for the Winter Formal. The dance is in a few days and it looks like he won't ask me." I could sense the sadness and disappointment in her tone.

"Don't worry, there are still a few days left. I'm sure Ben will surprise you," I said, getting up from the bed, as I heard the loud chime indicating the arrival of curfew. "Now go to sleep."

"I hope so, and where are you going?" She asked, suspicion lacing her words.

I sighed, hating that I would have to lie to her. "I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be back." I didn't wait for her response, I quickly opened the door and tip-toed out of my dorm.

The corridors were dark, which was to be expected since they made sure to turn out the lights at 10:00 p.m sharp. I didn't realize how scary Burswick looked at this time of night with no light to guide. If it weren't for Dash, I wouldn't be here right now, praying not to bump into any demons which could be lurking around at this time of night.

"I hate you so much for this, Dash," I muttered to myself as I tried to walk in the dark, trying my best to stay undetected. I knew there was someone who roamed the corridors after curfew, to make sure that everyone was in their beds as they should be.