Chapter 23 - The bad boy

Sarah's POV

"No, I don't think so. But if you want, I will call Igor." Nikolai suggested.

"Call him."

After talking a while, Nikolai hung up and informed. "They are meeting up tonight."

"I knew. What will I do with that boy?" Uncle Sergei hissed.

I couldn't eavesdrop anymore, I went beside them. When they saw me, they stopped talking.

"What happened? Where is Dimitri?" I asked, worried.

They looked at each other.

"I heard what you were talking about." I added. "What habits?" I asked.

Uncle Sergei sighed. Nikolai looked at him like he was waiting for his approval. Uncle Sergei nodded.

"Illegal motorcycle races." Nikolai answered as he looked at me.

What?

"He had an accident a few years ago. After the accident, he promised he would not do it again. But... " He shrugged his shoulders.

Ugh. Real asshole. He didn't even let me be angry at him. I was worried about him now.

"Do you know where the race will be?" I asked. He nodded.

"Ok. I will grab my bag, and we will go there." I said.

"No!" They both stated at the same time.

"You heard what the doctor had said. No stress. You aren't going anywhere. Especially there." Uncle Sergei demanded.

"But..."

"Sarah, I said no. End of the discussion." He stated confidently. "Don't worry. I am going there, and I will bring him. I will not allow him to make the same mistakes." He added. "Nikolai, let's go." Then, he looked at Nikolai as he said. Nikolai nodded, and they left afterwards.

Dimitri's POV

I put on my helmet and got on my motorcycle. As I sped up, I felt carefree. I needed to drift away all of these. I wanted to shut my mind off. At least, for tonight.

I stopped beside Igor

I stopped beside Igor. I gave him a side hug.

"Are you ready?" He asked, smirking.

"As always." I winked, giving him an arrogant smirk.

"Someone missed you too." He commented, smirking, looking at a girl standing far away.

"Alina?"

"Yes, she has been asking about you."

"I am not interested." I confirmed dryly.

"Dima!" Alina called me as she approached me, smiling seductively.

"Hey." I muttered.

She placed her hand on my arm. "Where have you been? I missed you." She said in a seductive voice, caressing my arm with her fingertips slowly.

I cleared my throat as I pulled my arm away.

"Let's start." I suggested as I looked at Igor, ignoring Alina. She scowled and walked away.

Finally!

When I wanted to put on my helmet, I heard my name.

Shit! I hissed as I saw two familiar people coming towards me.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" My father snapped.

"Hi, Dad. I am bad. And you?" I said mockingly.

He rolled his eyes. "Dimitri, stop it. You promised that you would stay away from this shit."

I sighed as I ran my hands through my hair.

"Dad, you stop. It is my life. Mind your own business!" I stated angrily.

"Dimitri!" He hissed.

"What?! My own wife hates me. My own father doesn't let me come near my wife to make her forgive me...." I hissed.

Nikolai intervened as he said. "Dimitri, think about Sarah and your baby. She is worried about you. You know what the doctor has said about her situation."

"Don't worry. She is busy with hating me now." I commented dryly. Even this thought made my heart sink.

"Are you sure?! We stopped her hard. She wanted to come here when she found out about this shit. That you put your life in danger. You dumbass! She loves you."

Really?

I smiled with happiness.

She still loves me.

I had hope now. I would do everything for her forgiveness.

"Now, let's go." Nikolai suggested. I nodded.

Sarah's POV

When I woke up, there was a beautiful bouquet on the table. Beautiful pink roses as I loved. The smell of the roses filled the bedroom.

I got up, smiling and put on my silk robe as I walked closer towards the roses. I took the bouquet and smelt the roses, closing my eyes. When I reopened my eyes, I noticed a note on it.

'I hurt you, and it's killing me. I am so sorry. Give me a chance. I promise I will do everything to make you happy. Please, forgive this idiot. I love you so much. Dimitri.'

I smiled as I read the note, but I couldn't forgive him so easily. He scattered my heart. I was so disappointed in him.

I placed the roses down on the table and went to change my clothes.

In the evening, Uncle Sergei, Valentina and I were having dinner. The mansion was filled with pink roses. Dimitri had sent roses all day long. Uncle Sergei said that he didn't let him come to the mansion. And added that he would only give permission if I would want it. I hadn't been ready to talk to him yet. But seeing his attention, how he was trying to make me forgive him, made me happy. At least, I knew he was sorry for his behavior as he should be.

The doorbell hummed.

The housekeeper brought a big boutique to the living room.

"This boy turned my home into Dimitri's botanic garden." Uncle Sergei commented playfully as he shook his head.

Valentina and I burst out laughing. Uncle Sergei was really right. The living room was filled with roses like it was a flower shop or garden.