Chapter 24 - Rainy welcome

Sarah's POV

I was nine months pregnant now. Yesterday, I had a doctor appointment, she told me that my baby was healthy, and there was not any danger for him anymore. I was relieved. I was so afraid that something could happen to my little boy.

I walked towards the window while I was caressing my swollen bump. I saw Dimitri in the garden, sitting on the bonnet of his car.

Dimitri had been waiting for me in front of the mansion

Dimitri had been waiting for me in front of the mansion. Uncle Sergei hadn't still let him in. But he was here every day without getting bored. It made me feel happy and precious. He sent flowers, chocolate, jewelry. He called me every day, but I didn't pick up his calls nor go to see him in the garden.

When Dimitri lifted his head up, our eyes met. He smiled at me sadly. His every glare made my heart melt, but I was being so stubborn towards him. I wanted to run to him and hug him tightly, kissing his lips, but my pride was not letting me do it. I missed him so much. His touches, the warmth of his skin, his mind-blowing scent and more.

I walked away from the window. Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I squeezed my lips together, putting my hand on my stomach. I felt sharp pains a few times today. The doctor said it was normal, because my due date was so close. A few seconds later, it passed. I went downstairs.

This evening Uncle Sergei had a dinner meeting.

As he hung up his phone, he asked. "Sarah, how do you feel?"

"I am fine. Don't worry." I replied, giving him a reassuring smile.

"It is an important meeting. I can not change. But if you feel bad, call me immediately." He said seriously. "And I am a little relaxed, because your loyal bodyguard is outside." He added, smirking. I smiled back as I nodded. Then, he left.

It was raining. When I had checked the last time, Dimitri was still here. He was waiting in his car. I was worried about him; today the weather was so cold. At least, he was in his car now. I sighed.

I stood up and walked towards the window. He was still here. Finally, I decided to go and tell him that he should leave.

I put on my leather jacket and took my umbrella. I walked out.

When he saw me, he got out of his car quickly and walked towards me under rain while getting wet in the rain.

As he approached me, he asked nervously, placing his hand on my stomach. "Are you okay? Do you feel bad? Do you have contractions?"

I sighed as I replied. "I am fine, Dimitri. I come here to tell you that you should leave. It is cold outside as well as raining. You will catch a cold."

He smiled at me with his signature smirk. "Are you worried about me, kiska?" He asked, caressing my baby bump.

I breathed deeply. I regretted coming here.

"I shouldn't come." I commented as I turned around.

He grabbed my arm. "Please." He muttered, giving me a begging look. "I am sorry, Sarah. I am really sorry. I acted like a jerk. But when I saw...those photos, I got mad. I was so jealous and felt betrayed. I was so blinded by my anger." He confessed sadly.

I gave him a fake smile. "You believed your ex-girlfriend more than me, Dimitri. You didn't even let me explain."

"Sarah...I didn't believe her. Please, believe me. I am so sorry. I love you so much." He begged.

"It is not important anymore." As I wanted to leave, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach.

I screamed in pain, placing my hand on my stomach.

"What? What happened? Are you okay?" Dimitri asked, terrified as he wrapped his arm around me.

Suddenly, I felt water running down my legs.

"My water..." I said in panic, looking down at my legs, my eyes wide.

Dimitri's eyes widened; his face got pale.

"Ok....calm down....We are going to the hospital." He stated, trying to control his voice.

I nodded as I squeezed his hand when I felt another sharp pain.

He led us towards his car.

"My maternity bag." I mentioned barely.

He nodded as he called the security guard. The security guard rushed towards us.

"Bring her maternity bag." Dimitri ordered. He nodded and rushed towards the door.

Dimitri helped me to get in the car. He closed the door for me and got in the car as soon as he took the bag from the security guard.

I was inhaling and exhaling deeply. It was hurting so much.

He started the car. He was driving fast while he was trying to support me, breathing with me.

Finally, we arrived. He got out of his car quickly and opened the door. He scooped me up in his arms bridal style, and he carried me inside. He put me on the stretcher and held my hand. I was squeezing his hand tightly as I felt pain.

The nurse took me to the room. Dimitri was waiting for me outside. The doctor walked in.

Dimitri's POV

They took her into the room. I was waiting outside. I was worried about them. I was pacing back and forth nervously.

Finally, the doctor walked out. I approached her.

"How is she?" I asked anxiously.

"She is in labor. We are taking her to the delivery room." She informed me.

I was waiting in front of the delivery room, leaning against the wall. I folded my arms over my chest.

"Dimitri." My father called me, as he approached me. "What have you done now?!" He snapped at me.

"We were just talking when her water broke. I swear, Dad." I informed.

"Yes, she felt pain this morning too." He softened.

I ran my hand through my hair, closing my eyes shut. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"They will be fine. Don't worry, son." My father assured as he gave me a reassuring smile.

"I hope so." I said, biting my lower lip nervously.