Chapter 20

"Dad," Wyatt said, catching his father's attention. My mum looked over at her boyfriend, following his gaze to Wyatt. I bit my bottom lip, observing the scene in front of me as nervousness started to fill me.

"Ma," I called, and my mother turned over to look at me. We stayed back with Wyatt and his dad after dinner. Today was the day. We were going to tell them.

"What's going on?" my Ma asked, looking at Wyatt and then at me. "Did something happen?" she asked, making my face grow warm. Wyatt coughed, and his father rose a brow in confusion.

"We're dating," Wyatt said after a while of silence, and my mother's eyes went wide. "Antonio and I are dating," he repeated, and my mother seemed to break down as she started muttering stuff in Spanish under her breath. Wyatt's dad got up from his seat, heading over to her. He rubbed her back, telling her things were okay as she started to rant to him.

"It's okay. It's fine. Take a deep breath," he told her. I wasn't sure what to do. My mother looked more shocked than angry, and Wyatt's dad only seemed to care about getting his girlfriend to calm down. I had kind of expected that. Wyatt's dad already knew he was bi.

"Why don't you two go upstairs?" Wyatt's dad said, looking over at me and Wyatt.

"But Ma—"

"She'll be fine. I promise," he said, and I reluctantly got up from the seat I was sitting on before following Wyatt out of the dining area, and up the stairs to his bedroom. When we got to his bedroom's door he turned to me with a small smile.

"Everything will be alright, okay?" he said, and I just bit my bottom lip before nodding as I watched him turn the doorknob and push the door open before walking into his room. I followed him inside, and I headed to sit at the edge of his bed as I watched him go about pulling the curtains open and turning on the lights.

"It wasn't as bad as you expected it to be, was it?" Wyatt asked as he walked over to his bed to sit beside me. He rested his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes as he held on to my arm with his think hands. "It'll be alright, don't worry. My dad will talk to her," he muttered. I sighed. I appreciated his comfort. I really did, but I knew it would take some time to calm my mother down — and heck, how was I going to go about telling the rest of my siblings? Did I have to?

"One step at a time," Wyatt said as if he had read my mind. I blinked, letting out a low sigh before nodding at his words. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't overthink things.

We spent the rest of the evening talking as Wyatt played a game on his switch. I smiled, turning a bit on the bed. We were both lying down now, and Wyatt had turned off some of the lights.

I loved staying in his purple crowded room. There was something about staying in a space that was so 'Wyatt' that made me smile.

"Why do you have that stupid smile on your face?" I blinked, turning my gaze to Wyatt who still had his eyes on his gaming switch, but he was smiling now. I chuckled, reaching out to take his switch away from his hands before putting it aside.

"Hey!" he groaned, frowning as the sound of his current game being lost rung through the room. I laughed, reaching out to pull him into a hug when I saw the irritated frown on his face. He struggled a bit, but soon gave up with a sigh, and made himself comfortable in the hug.

"Why did you have to do that?"

"You weren't paying attention to me," I said, pulling away from him a bit, and just in time to watch him roll his blue eyes.

"What are you, five?"

"Maybe," I laughed, and he soon started chuckling too.

I left his room after a few hours since I had homework to do. When I settled down to work on my assignment at my study table, the Facebook chat bar with David's name on it popped up with a message.

DAVID:

Hey, how are you?

Typing...

Did you guys tell them?

9:04 PM.

ME:

I'm fine, and yes, we told them.

Typing...

It went alright I guess.

Typing...

How are you?

9:06 PM.

I sent the last part and watched as the bar that said David Was tying popped up.

DAVID:

I'm doing great!

9:07 PM.

The message popped up with the signature notification noise. David was typing again, and soon I earned another message from him.

DAVID:

Guess what?

Typing...

Tim kissed me!

9:08 PM.

My eyes went wide as a grin spread across my face. I was happy for him. He seemed excited, and maybe a little bit overwhelmed.

ME:

That's great!

9:09 PM.

DAVID:

I wasn't expecting it either. I walked him home, and he just leaned in, and you know...

He kissed me, Antonio! I've been smiling all day!

9:10 PM.

I smiled down at his text, chuckling a bit. I talked to him a bit more before returning my attention to my assignment. Ah, the weekend. I loved it, but I just wished teachers would stop piling us with homework.

The sound of someone knocking at my door made me look up from my computer.

"Who's there?" I asked, and the knob turned before Juana poked her head into the room.

"I err..." she trailed before looking down at the floor. "I guess I came to check up on you?" she said, making me raise a brow at her.

"Why?" I asked, watching as my sister shrugged before walking to my room.

"I heard you were dating Wyatt."

"You know that?"

"Mum was talking about it downstairs," she said before shrugging. She was in a grey nightgown and was currently resting against the wall of my room as she spoke to me.

"Does everyone know now?" I asked.

"Err, sort of," she said as I let out a groan. "It's okay, it's not like any of us are out to get your head or something."

"I know. It's just — how's mum taking it?" I asked, deciding to talk about that instead.

"She's okay," Juana said before looking over at the room door. "I think I should leave."

"Go for it."

"She smiled, waving at me awkwardly before leaving my room. I wasn't sure what to do. I felt strained and somewhat exhausted, but somewhat happy because I had done away with it. Everyone that needed to know knew now.