Epilogue

Exams.

They were the worst. It added stress to my regular study schedule, and I couldn't spend as much time with Wyatt as I had wanted to. He was okay with it, seeing as he was studying for finals too My last exam was today, so the mixture of stress and happiness was an odd feeling.

"Hey," I heard David's voice say as the chair beside me was pulled. I looked up from my textbook to find David settling down beside me. Tim was here too. He'd come with David and was settling down on the chair across from David. I smiled, sighing as I pushed my textbook away. I think I was starting to cross the line of 'overstudying.'

"You look dead," Tim commented, making me sigh, and David chuckle.

"I might as well be. I've been studying all day, and all day yesterday," I said, pulling my book towards me again. We had a physics exam in a few hours. Today was the last exam day, and since most people had their last exam in the morning the library was mostly empty.

"What are you going to do after your last exam?" David asked, and I looked over at him. His red curly hair looked messy like he hadn't combed it, or had been running his hand through them in stress like he usually did towards exams. "Tim and I are going to the arcade; do you want to come?" he asked.

I shook my head, looking away. Nah, it's not like they really want me there anyway. I thought with a small smile, referring to how much the two seemed to like alone time. They weren't dating yet, but they might as well be.

"No, it's okay. Wyatt's picking me up today, and we're going to the mall to watch a movie," I said, and David nodded before looking away.

My eyes went wide when I saw Jay walked past our table with books in his hand. My gaze followed his figure as he walked over to an empty table to take a sit. He was going to study - really. He was no longer the brute loud person I knew earlier in the year. He was quieter. He had ditched his goons, and all he did now really was play sports and study. Juana's hate for him kind of diminished, and she somehow got close to him. It had confused me at first, but I decided not to question why she was eating lunch with him, or why I found her hanging out with him from time to time.

I never figured out why she didn't like him, and I guess I couldn't figure out why she suddenly did.

I looked away before David or Tim could ask why I was staring at Jay. When the time for our exam drew near we all got up and headed to wait at the classroom next to the exam room. Alissa waved at me when I walked in with Tim and David. I waved back, and she smiled before looking away when someone tapped her shoulder to ask for an explanation to a question. Her braids had giggled with the motion, and I looked away, turning back to my friends. I smiled. She was still annoying, but you could say we were on good terms now—well, somewhat.

We got into the exam hall soon after, and when the exams were over I headed downstairs to wait for Wyatt after giving him a call to tell him that I was done. The halls were crowded and rowdy since most people had just finished a paper and were at their lockers. I smiled when I spotted Tim and David leave the building together.

My eyes moved to my phone when I felt my phone vibrate in my hand. I had gotten a text from Wyatt.

Message from: Wyatt.

I'm here.

3:02 PM.

Message to: Wyatt.

Thanks, I'm leaving the school building now.

3:03 PM.

I adjusted the straps of my backpack before heading out of the school's building and walking into the compound. Wyatt had parked close to the school's gate, so I walked over. I got into his car, sighing as I dropped my bag before making to fumble with the air-conditioning controls.

"How was the exam?" he asked as he pulled on the gear before driving into the main road.

"It was okay," I replied as Wyatt made to turn up the radio's volume. I groaned when the sound of Nirvana filled the car.

"Why?" I whined, wondering why he was torturing me.

"Well, because-" he trailed off, leaving his sentence unfinished as he chuckled. Sometimes I wondered why I liked him so much. He was so - unlike me? He was fun to be around, and I felt my face grow warm whenever he smiled or laughed. I also liked kissing and touching him - a lot. Despite all that he was still the one with eh sucky film, music and clothes taste. He was still a douche, maybe even cockier now.

"We can't stay in the mall for too long, we should be back home by seven," he said, making me come out of my thoughts as I rose a brow at him in question, sitting up straight on the passenger seat.

"Why?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes.

"I still technically have to watch over all of you, and Juana's not going to fill in for me," he said, and I muttered a small 'oh' before looking through my phone to check which movies that would be on this evening in the mall's small theatre.

I was graduating in a few months, and I suddenly realized that I would probably be going to university out of state. The idea of not being able to see Wyatt every day made me feel a bit sad. I paused scrolling on my phone, turning to look at Wyatt who had his eyes on the road.

Today he was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt, which was unusual for him, but it looked good. I had helped him retouch his hair with dye recently, so the purple-blue color was bright, and I couldn't see the brown roots at the bottom anymore.

"Wyatt," I called out to him all of a sudden. He turned to face me briefly before returning his gaze to the road ahead.

"What?" he asked.

"I really like you. Like, really," I muttered, making him turn to me again. He had a weird look on his face as if he was trying to read beyond what I was saying.

"So, you like me a lot, or...?" he trailed, leaving the end of his question open. I looked away as a blush started to take form on my face.

"Or what?" I asked, my face probably a tomato at the moment.

"Are you in love with me?" he asked, and I felt my chest flutter.

"Maybe," I said, and he laughed.

"I love you too Antonio," he said, and I smiled as he drove into our driveway.

THE END.