seven

Benny, Ethan, Ellie, and Rory creeped up the stairs to follow Jesse and Sarah. Three of them were hunkered down and almost crawling up the stairs, while Rory just walked up them normally. Benny yanked him down to their level, shaking his head at Rory's density. All of them were trying to tune in on what Jesse and his crew were saying in the opposing room.

"We will have this whole town!" the nerds heard Jesse exclaim. "But the prophecy will not be fulfilled until we find our target. 219, soul-for-soul."

"Ugh, lame. Where's the band?" Rory asked. Benny kept trying to shush him but he kept interrupting, until he finally stopped.

"It'll be an incredible night. Almost like something out of a movie," Jesse announced, standing next to a captive Sarah.

"Pft. Movie-shmovie. The Rorster needs food," Rory added. Benny finally gave in and put his hand over Rory's mouth. Ellie and Ethan passed him a look that read 'thank-you.'

One vampire raised his hand in the air, waiting for Jesse to call on him. Once he was allowed to speak, he said, "I found the girl you were talking about." Ellie's eyes went wide.

"Ellie Prince?" Jesse asked, looking at the other vampire.
Benny, Ethan and Rory looked at Ellie while she just watched with wide eyes. "Yes, sir. I could smell that bracelet on her arm. That's how I knew," the vampire continued.
Ellie looked down at her wrist and found her purple and yellow bracelet made with yarn. She was extremely confused. Why would they care about her mother's bracelet?

"Good, we need that bracelet. That geek could cause a mass extinction with that relic if she chose to," Jesse warned.
"I'm pretty sure she came here with her loser friends," the vampire explained to their leader. "One of the other nerds in her group holds the same kind of power that she possesses."

"I'm guessing that he does not have a source of power?" Jesse responded.
Ethan, Benny, Ellie and Rory didn't even know what they were hearing. They were so baffled and confused. What power?

"Anyways, the moon is full. Let us eat, my children."

The four nerds panicked back down the stairs and tried their best to look for the front door. Once Ethan spotted it, he twisted the knob for it to only be locked.
"Oh god, what do we do?" Ellie shook.

"Through the backyard?" Ethan said, beginning to lead his friends back to safety. The four ran towards the pool area until they were stopped by a huge group of vamps speeding into their way, including Jesse.

"Woah, woah. Where you girls going?" said the vampire in front of them. Ellie noticed that it was the same vampire who stopped her for her mom's bracelet. "You're just in time for dinner."

"Sweet, what's on the menu?" Rory asked, looking excited. The three just looked at each other and internally gave up on Rory. Benny facepalmed.
"It's us, Rory. We're on the menu," Ethan finally told him. "Oh."

"Don't they look delicious, especially the magic ones," Jesse said, sending a wide smile to Benny and Ellie. They both looked at each other, confused and incredibly terrified.
"Wow, huh. They really don't know the power that they possess," Jesse continued, waltzing closer to the two of them. "It's a shame that they won't live to find out."

Ellie fearfully leaned against Benny, causing him to feel her shake. Neither of them knew what they were talking about. Magic? Her bracelet?
Benny ended up taking a leap of faith and took her hand. Ellie took it back with a butterfly in her chest, feeling a small glimmer of hope. Benny just wanted her to feel safe and for her to be safe. He would never admit this on his own, but he cared about Ellie's safety more than his own.

"The other two look pretty good, as well," the other vampire said, licking his lips as he stared down Ethan and Rory.
"No, you can't! I know these kids. I'm babysitting them," Sarah told Jesse from behind the vampires.