thirty-two

2:35 pm

The halls turned into chaos as every single student was trying to get away from the brain-eating teachers. Ethan, Benny, and Ellie ran into the main office, finding the intercom.

"We need to warn everybody," Ethan told them.

"Didn't you hear Benny screaming? I think we've done our part," Ellie said.

Ethan rolled his eyes and grabbed the intercom from the front desk. He threw it to Benny.

"Just wait for my cue."

Ethan flicked all the switches on the wall and pointed to him, ready for him to speak.

"Uh, t-testing 1-2," Benny began, tapping the microphone.
"Attention all Whitechapel students, this is Benny Weir. Sorry, ladies, your rain of love and affection for me are over, because guess who's taken? Ha, eat it!"
Ellie smacked him wanting him to continue. They were in a zombie apocalypse, not a bachelor game show.

"Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we have no choice but to cancel all classes, extracurricular activities, and uh—!" 

Ellie took the intercom from him.

"Zombies! RUN!"

As she returned the intercom back to the secretary's desk, a zombie teacher grabbed her arm from behind. Ethan pulled on Ellie's arm, inadvertently allowing himself into a vision.

Ethan watched as an overflowing coffee cup from Lotta Latte entered his sights, being consumed by a green liquid. 

Benny gripped onto the intercom and hit the zombie over the head with it, causing it to fall to the ground. "Ethan, come on!"

The three ran back into the halls and hid in a classroom door frame. Benny took a hold of Ellie's hand and reassured her.
"It's okay. We're good. No evil, brain-hungry zombies over here!"

"Guys, I just had a vision. It's the coffee from Lotta Latte. That's what's making this happen!" Ethan shouted.

"That stupid coffee shop in town?" Ellie asked.

"Figures, you'd have to be brain-dead to pay five bucks a cup for flavoured bean juice," added Benny.

"But it doesn't make sense. This coffee's been around for a long time, why is it just now turning people into zombies?"

------------

7:52 pm

The three geeks booked it from one side of the hallway to the next, landing in the boys' washroom.

"Okay, we're safe in here. Teachers will never enter a student washroom, it's like an unwritten rule in education," Benny said.
"Yeah, right next to 'don't eat student's brains,'" Ethan panted.

As the zombies sought to break down the washroom door, Ethan, Benny, and Ellie backed themselves against it.
"You know whose fault this really is? Sarah's," Benny condemned. "'Go and fight your own battles.' Lame!"

"Right, because it's her fault that there are dozens of killer zombie teachers chasing us," Ellie retorted.

The door was then pushed open and Sarah stood in the boys' washroom.
"Hooray, we're saved!" Benny announced, trying not to look faulted.

"Did I miss anything?" she asked once she walked in.
"Nope, only the several zombies roaming the halls. Not much, really," Ethan quipped.

Ethan tried to explain the reasoning for the zombies, but Sarah already knew since she was at the coffee shop earlier that day.