twenty-seven

"Boo! Scared ya!"
Doug yelled as he answered his phone. Ethan, Benny, and Ellie all looked at each other as he turned on the ghost detector lights.

"Hey, Jerry! How's the best producer in the world?" he said through his phone.
Doug pulled the phone from his ear to let them in on all of the 'show biz chatter'. Right as he turned it onto speaker, his producer began to yell at him for not getting high enough ratings. Ellie noticed that his producer also called him 'Macowski'.

"I told you," Ellie whispered to the guys.

"Your show is in trouble? But it's awesome!" Ethan said. "The last episode rocked."

"It was weak," Doug admitted. "It's always weak! I've never actually seen anything, and this ghost grid has never even found a ghost!"

"Uh, why'd he call you Macowski?" Benny questioned.
"My real name's Doug Macowski. 'Falconhawk' is made up," Doug professed.

Ellie couldn't help but chuckle in disbelief at all of the things she was hearing. Benny put his hands on his head and Ellie just patted his back. "I said I told you."

Ethan's doorbell rang and welcomed Rory inside, presenting Doug's piscatti. As Ethan opened the door, Sarah flew in to desperately shake Ethan's arms.
"I need blood, help me!"

"D-Doug's gonna see you," he stuttered, pointing to Doug from across the room.

"Oh no, I'm paralyzed from terror!" she groaned, moving onto Ellie for some magic help.

"You or Benny can't make anything that I can drink?" she asked, perilously.

"Sarah, I already told you," Ellie whispered, but loud enough for Benny to hear. "We aren't ranked high enough to make those substitutes."

"Holy cow!" Doug exclaimed. He held a giant camera to his face and panned it towards the four. "A vampire!"

 The geeks all tried to act like he didn't know what he was talking about.

"What? No, this is just a girl we know," Ethan said. "Who was just about to leave—!"

"Ugh, give me a break!" Sarah yelled, before she hissed at Doug. Her fangs were bared and her eyes shone a bright yellow.
"A vampire! A vampire!" Doug screamed as he ran away in terror.

"Looks like I broke your hero," she pointed out.
"Sarah, he saw you!" Ethan croaked.

"Yeah, and he really looked like he was going to do something about it! The guy is a total poser, and Ellie and I have known that from the start—!"

Sarah was interrupted by a sudden arrow flying past her head and into the wall. They all turned to see Doug in his monster hunting gear, wielding a crossbow.

"A real vampire!" Doug cried, as Sarah bolted out of the front door. "The haters on my blog can eat it!"

Ethan, Benny, and Ellie watched as he ran after her.

"Is Sarah in trouble?" Ellie worriedly asked.

"Yes," Benny answered. "And it's official: Doug is awesome."

A gust of wind flew by them as Rory appeared in front of them.

"The best I could do was a danish. Did I miss anything?"

------------

Ethan, Benny, Ellie, and Rory all filed into the Scare Finder. They loaded up the computer screens to find Doug's live footage of him chasing after Sarah down the street.

"This is bad," Ethan said. "Like 'Transformers 2' bad!"
"Hey, let's not say things we can't take back," Rory countered.

"Do you really think that Doug would kill Sarah?" Ellie asked.