thirty-three

Walking through Ethan's front door, Ellie was greeted by the Ethan's dad rocking a pretty... unique outfit. 

"Hi, Ellie!" Mr. Morgan greeted her. 
Waving hello to the father, Ellie was welcomed by Ethan and Benny coming into the foyer.

"Hey, El," Benny said. "Did you notice how good Mr. Morgan looks?"

"Definitely," she lied. "Can't wait for senior prom, eh?"

"Of course not," Mr. Morgan smiled. "I'm just waiting for Ethan's mom and Ms. Weir, then we'll be on our way."

"Uh, Ross?" Ellie asked, gaining Mr. Morgan's attention. "Sarah told me she won't be coming. She- uh, has the flu."

Mr. Morgan looked at her, a bit confused. "In the middle of April?"

"T-Those pesky bugs, eh?" Ellie faultily cheesed.

 Mr. Morgan shrugged and tried to go up the stairs to get an update his wife, while Ellie turned to the two boys.

"The vampire council summoned her tonight," she explained. "Something about tarnishing graveyard reputation or something?"
"Ohhh..."

Continuing to wait for Ethan's parents, Benny's grandma entered the foyer door wearing her own decorative pantsuit. The teenagers' jaws hung open.

"Grandma, you look—!"

"—Hot!" Ethan and Ellie smiled, gaining an offended elbow from Benny.

"Why thank you, kids," Ms. Weir thanked.
"You look a little surprised, dear," she questioned to her grandson. "Can't a Grandma get her groove on?"

"I don't know how to answer that," Benny answered blankly.
"Besides, I gotta go see the vote for prom queen. I'm the 3 to 1 favourite!" Ms. Weir smiled.

As Ms. Weir led Ethan's parents out of the house, the teenagers were finally left alone. Ellie instinctively ran towards the TV guide and followed it.
"Okay, Jacuzzi Time Machine starts in t-minus two minutes!"

"I'll get the drinks," Benny volunteered.
"I'll get the popcorn!" Ethan told.

"Ellie, can I stay up late?" Jane asked, tugging on her shirt. "I know you're not Sarah, but you're the closest thing to a responsible person here."

"I'd say yes, but only if you don't tell your parents that we're letting you watch Jacuzzi Time Machine," Ellie bargained.

"Deal!" Jane giggled.

After the three got all of their necessities, they crashed into the couch.
"Oh, I am so excited for this!" Benny exclaimed.

"I mean, you've watched it more than a gazillion times," Ellie pointed out. "I would be worried if you weren't excited."

When the movie began and the group got situated, they all heard a loud thump on the roof, followed by yelling. As something hit the ground, the TV turned to static.

"No!"
Ethan, Benny, Ellie, and Jane all screamed at the same time. They heard groaning outside and an extremely familiar voice.

"Ow... I've really got to work on my roof landings..."

"Rory!"

------------

"They just whirlpooled into the '80s."
Benny stood staring at a TV screen full of white lines, while Ethan, Ellie, Rory, and Jane were eating pizza at the kitchen counter.

"Ellie, their legwarmers are all wet now. You love this part!" Benny announced.
"I love the part when I'm actually looking at it, B," she sighed.

"How does he know this stuff?" Rory questioned. "It's all static."