Twenty Nine

"Ni, do you wanna go to the movies or something with me and Harry?" Liam asks, somewhat worried. Niall has been really depressed the two and a half weeks because Zayn and Justin have been out of town for a business trip. They've been texting and FaceTiming as much as possible, of course, but it's not the same as having them physically there with him. He misses them terribly.

"No, I'm good," Niall assures him, curling up tighter in bed. "You guys have fun."

Liam sits at the side of Niall's bed. "Are you sure?" he asks gently, running his hand through Niall's hair. It's clean now, thank God, only because Liam threatened to bathe Niall himself if he didn't shower after the third day.

"I'm sure, Li. I'm okay, really. I'm gonna eat something and then just take a nap. Can we play Sorry or something when you get back?"

"Of course." Liam leans in and kisses his forehead. "I love you. See you later."

"Give Harry a hug for me!" Niall calls after him, and Liam confirms that he will before shutting the door behind him. Niall lets out a sigh and gets out of the bed, letting out a yawn as he goes to the kitchen. He stares blankly into the fridge before letting out a tired sigh and deciding to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He's just spreading the jelly on the bread when he hears his phone go off.

From: Unknown

They told you they were on a business trip, didn't they?

Niall stares down at his phone blankly, confused. He decides to ignore the text, assuming it's from a wrong number or something, and tucks his phone into his pajama pants pocket. He settles himself on the couch, playing an episode of The X-Files to make him feel better since it forces him to think about how much Justin loves it.

From: Zayn

Hi baby! How are you doing? We miss you so much.

Niall's face lights up at seeing the text from Zayn, and his heart flutters in his chest as he scrambles to reply

From: Niall

Hi!!! I'm okay, I miss you both so much :( Come home alreadyyyy

Niall waits impatiently, shaking his leg.

From: Justin

You're so cute I'm angry. Wanna FaceTime?

From: Niall

Yes!!!

Niall waits with jittery impatience until the phone starts to ring, and he beams as the Facetime finally connects.

"Hi!" he squeals, unable to keep from widely beaming. Justin in Zayn are in a hotel room, Justin's head resting on Zayn's chest as Zayn holds the phone up.

"Hi, angel," Zayn smiles. Niall's chest aches from missing him. "How are you doing, baby?"

"I miss you," Niall replies immediately. "But I'm doing okay."

"You doing okay?" Justin asks, and he sounds worried. He squints at the screen. "You look tired, sweetheart. Are you sleeping okay? Are you anxious?"

Niall can't help but laugh a little. "I'm okay. I just miss you guys, but I'm fine."

"If you're lying to me I'll spank you," Justin warns, and Niall squirms at the thought.

"I'm not lying!" Niall insists, but he's blushing now. "When do you guys get home?"

"Three more days here. I'm exhausted," Zayn admits, rubbing his eyes. "We can't wait to see you, baby boy. Every ten minutes Justin is like, 'What do you think Niall's doing? Do you think he misses us? Do you think he's sleeping enough?'"