rice cookers and cats

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

RICE COOKERS AND CATS.
surely my sins have found me out!

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

She's thirteen when she sees him again; there's an air of sorrow that fills the room as the short, chocolate haired boy sits with his legs swinging on the chair. His equally as dark eyes swivel around the room, lazily taking in details he won't remember in fifteen minutes.

Oikawa Tooru is not one for sad, sorrowful, mournful places. He's more of an upbeat, joyful and radiant kind of guy. So when you find him standing in the midst of the crowded kitchen, arms crossed across his chest, it's no surprise. He has a volleyball in his hand as a bargaining chip from his mother, a plead for him to remain silent as she offered her condolences.

Oikawa Tooru was always weird. The kind of weird that didn't make you smile fondly, but the kind of weird that made you roll your eyes and thanks Iwaizumi for putting up with him for so long. He passion for volleyball was something that many kids had, his love for aliens and those cheap alien graphic shirts he would constantly wear was kind of endearing.

Despite this; he was endearing. He would remind one of the scent of home when they come home from a long trip abroad, or the familiar warmth of a mother's arms to her child.

Oikawa Tooru was, in a sense, her home away from home. But now, he remains the hallow shell of what once was.

When he returns to Miyagi, it seems that the small house out in the countryside is vacant, despite the small (h/c) child and black labrador running around the perimeter, small hands petting the obsidian fur of the animal.

The house has a different aura now; an elderly man sits in a deck chair in the front yard as his granddaughter chases the dog, in hopes of retrieving the tennis ball from its mutt. The girl trips on her laces and tumbles to the ground, the dog yipping and licking her cheeks as the old man's shoulders shake in what seems like laughter.

In a house that once was lonely and downcast, it now radiates warmth as if the sun is shining upon it.

The car that Oikawa is situated in continues to drive along the pathway of the Japanese countryside, Iwaizumi fast asleep on the opposite side of the vehicle, snoring softly.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

April soon comes around, as (f/n) begins her last year at Aoba Johsai. The situation itself brings her some nostalgia, as after she finishes her last semester she won't be stepping foot back inside the building. Shrugging her arms through the material of her cream blouse, the girl made her way downstairs to be met with the scent of tea being brewed as her grandfather sat at the table with a newspaper at his hand.