Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Samantha, 17.

Ewe. My mouth always has this metallic taste. I'm even burping it now. These meds are killing my taste buds. And my God, what I wouldn't give to binge eat on some good junk food. Potato chips, French fries, and oh, some chocolate. . . .

"Are you okay?" My friend Kimberly asked, interrupting the food porn that was going own in my mind.

"Yeah," I managed being startled by her high pitched voice.

"Good! 'Cause for a second there I was worried with the drool and all."

"What?!?!" I gasped wiping slob from my chin.

"What was it this time, boys or food?"

I wrinkle my nose and frowned at Kim. I hated how well she knew me and a part of me didn't want to give her the satisfaction of being right but I whimpered, "food!"

"Oh my," she said surprised. "The way you were drooling I would have thought that it was sex. Must have been some really good food. But anyways. . . . "

We turned and began walking down the hall physics, which we always had to get too early. Mr. Jepersen was a spitter and everyone on the front row got it.

"Can I see your notes? I need to see it I got everything yesterday."

"Sure" I said as I start fumbling through my books trying to find the right notebook. In an uproar of self-celebration I yelled, "I got it!" while simultaneously bumping into someone and dropping all of my books and falling on my butt.

Flustered, I frantically tried the gather my things as I had already stated to hear laughs. "Hey, let me get that. I'm so sorry," I heard seemingly strong but smooth hand grazed mine and picked up a few of my books. Our eyes met and as I gather my things we rose, never taking our eyes off each other.

He smiled, "Hi! I'm Bryan and you are?"

"Gorgeous!" Oh my God did I just say that. " I'm mean I'm Sam. . . Well Samantha, but everybody calls me Sam."

"Well nice to meet you. Sorry to run into you and run off but I'm running late, but um, I hope to see you around," he said as he smiled with the whitest teeth I've every seen. And away he went.

I stood there and watched him disappear down the hall them around the corner. Daydreaming of our yellow house and white picket fence with two kids, the life.

"Samantha. . . Samantha," Kim aggressively said interrupting my thoughts. "Come on were late."

We ran to class only to get there two seconds before someone to the last of the back seats. Leaving Kim and I and a few others to suffer there the sputtering spit of Mr. Jepersen. Tragic, but nothing could ruin the magic I just experienced. This feeling was amazing and so was. . . . BRYAN!