It ends here... (Sequel to Rise Against) {13}

Author's Note:

I hope you like this one :) for one. Samantha acts more mature about things. and two. Jack will be less mature.. 

A lot of people said they love Jack more then Zack. and I'm going to take a poll. 

Who do you like more?

-the velvet rose- 

.............................................................................................................................................. 

Recap: 

"Yes. I will" I told him.

He kissed me gently and then grabbed my hand. So I'm now engaged? How will I tell Jack? 

None of that mattered. I walked with Zack through the woods. The realization of what has been hidden in my heart has come out today. I'm completely in love with Zack. And yet I do love Jack. 

I will be Zack's. and he will be mine. It sounded.. Amazing. Weird. This all sounds sick and twisted. But fate happens.

..................................................................................................................................

Zack kissed my hand and I went inside. He was going to get some more food from the store. Even though it is daytime.  

Jack was just getting up when I walked in. He looked at me when I walked in. His eyes roamed over me.

"So you stayed the night at Pen's huh?" He asked.

"Here name is Penelope. Or Penny. And yes I did" I nodded.

"She really hates me"

"I know" I let a giggle slip.

"Where's Zack?"

"He went to the store"

"So its just you, Cassie and I?" He asked.

"Yes. Penelope and Rosie didn't come"

I walked into the kitchen then into the master bedroom to get my clothes off the floor before Zack would see them.  

Then something grabbed my arm. Jack smiled at me. "How're you feeling?" 

I slowly pulled his hand away from my arm. "Fine, I guess." 

He nodded, letting his hand drop to his side. "Is Zack moving out or something?" 

My eyes widened. Why would he assume that? "No, of course not! Why would you think that?" 

"After what happened, I just figured..." 

He figured Zack and I were over. What did he expect I would do? That's when I realized that Jack seemed hopeful about us. It was so obvious. It was painfully obvious. I could feel a lump form in my throat. I had to tell him about Zack and I. I have to break his heart. "Jack..." It came out in a choke.

His head snapped in my direction, most likely alarmed by my tone. "Yes?" 

This is going to hurt. "Zack and I..." Now the tears were dripping. I couldn't stand to look at him anymore. It was like hitting a puppy with a baseball bat. "Zack and I are together."

He looked at me as if I spoke in Latin or something. "What?" 

I wanted to tell him about my engagement. I really did. But telling him I was with Zack was hurting him enough. Wouldn't it be better to tell him the rest later? "I'm with Zack," I explained lamely.