𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍. The Jurassic World

It was noon and the sun was over the head when the three of them left the villa, leaving their backpacks inside. Gray, high-spirited unlike his brother, skipped after Kate who was leading the way through the bustling Main Street, and an unimpressed Zach quietly followed them. Their destination, the Innovation Centre.

At the very core of the park, it stood, resembling an enormous triangular prism in shape, inside where Kate was supposed to drop them off to Claire, their aunt.

"The park now officially has about 20 species, 6 carnivores and the rest, herbivores," Kate told Gray, who was listening to her with full attention. After a bit of chitchat with him, she had already picked a hint of his interest in learning various facts and figures about dinosaurs and the park. "But initially the park had opened with only—"

"Eight species, right?" Gray completed her sentence and grinned shyly when she looked impressed. "I had read it somewhere before."

"Yes, you got that right," she smiled approvingly.

"Tell me about the dinosaurs here!"

"Hmm, do you want me to keep it for the fun of surprises when you see them for the first time or should I just spill right now?"

"Oh, I..I don't know! What to do, I want to experience each of my first experiences of all the dinosaurs fully but I can't wait to hear about them, too!"

Like this, Kate found herself conversing with Gray rather amicably, his genuine enthusiasm helped her to talk to him with undeniable ease. Meanwhile, Zach still bore minimal expressions and barely looked around or paid attention to anything; his black eyes looked ever incurious, so she could not find anything to say to him. She could not but wonder about his indifference to the park. Were not all visitors always seen so happy and excited to be here?

They were nearly there when her phone buzzed.

"Oh, look, your aunt just texted me: she said she is running a bit late, but will be there any minute," Kate read from the screen of her phone. She tapped away a quick reply and shoved the phone back into a pocket, when Gray had suddenly bolted through a horde of people for the entrance to the Innovation Centre and she readily went after him.

Caught off guard, Zach shadowed but with a grunt before he might lose sight of them both.

Kate had caught up with Gray on the stairs who just dashed inside next second pushing the huge wooden doors open, but she decided to wait for Zach who was slowly making his way up climbing the steps, allowing his eyes to follow the height of this door and the building, perhaps, with a mild curiosity; other than that Kate saw no improvement in his expressions.

"Gray, slow down a bit," called Zach after his brother

The air felt cool in contrast to the warmth of a sunny day that was now seperated by the doors behind them. Zach's eyes softened and perhaps, it was with a hint of curiosity that he met Gray's eyes when the glass partition automatically slid open at their presence.