𝐒𝐈𝐗. The Mitchell Brother

Two brothers climbed down from the ferry and slowly made their way through the thick crowd. Zach and Gray Mitchell. The older of them, Zach, who was on the verge of teen years, had neatly managed brunette hair and black eyes, while Gray, whose bushy blonde hair was barely kept out of his eyes which were as blue as the sky above, had not yet stepped in his teenage. The two looked nothing like each other, nor did they have similar traits. Gray was excited and jumping up and down to get a better view over the heads of taller people in this packed terminal filled with chatters, while Zach looked the opposite of excited; he heaved a sigh as he glumly pushed through the crowds with Gray following on his heels.

"How big is the island?" Gray asked with sparkling eyes, smiling ear to ear.
"Big," Zach replied curtly, trying to keep his exhausted tone to minimal.
"But how many pounds??"
"That doesn't make any sense," Zach mumbled glancing at his younger brother for a second.

As they made their way through the crowd for a less crowded area to stop and wait, Gray's excited rambles started. "Zach, you know, the park started with only 8 species but now they have 14 herbivores and 6 carnivores! That's 50 tons of food a week!"

Zach did not make any response, whose one hand still clutched on his phone after snucking in his hoodie's pocket, since he was was more keen to look for their aunt Claire who ought to receive them and probably, he could drop the responsibility of keeping an eye on his frantic younger brother to her. Gray spitting knowledgable and fancy facts all day long was not anything new on his part, especially, if it was about dinosaurs. Just as a man hurtled past, the small pouch that Gray had just been strapping round his waist fell off. He caught it just before it hit the ground but bumped with Zach in the process and Zach casted him an annoyed glance.

"Gosh, you could have just put this silly thing in the other bag. It's still two days till the camping, why are you carrying that on you already?" Zach sighed. Gray just stared at him in dismay until his brother looked away and he dusted it off before he strapped it back on his waist— the camping might not be any soon but he was already so excited, and also he liked to carry his camping emergency kit with him in it.

The two, as they waited for the rush of the crowd to reduce, was starting to feel a little confused with no sign of their familiar redhead aunt yet, until they noticed a placard. There was a girl instead, somewhat about Zach's age, holding the placards which had their names written on it.

Both the brothers were confounded, instead of their aunt whom they had not meet for years, it was an unfamiliar girl waiting to receive them

Both the brothers were confounded, instead of their aunt whom they had not meet for years, it was an unfamiliar girl waiting to receive them. Zach quickly collected himself with the conclusion that their aunt Claire did not care or miss them as much, certainly that was why she had not been in touch lately, otherwise she would at the least have been here to receive them and give a proper welcome. He glanced at Gray who looked more confused and disappointed.

"Where's aunt Claire?" asked Gray gloomily. He looked at his brother for any reassurance who did not even look at him, then heaved a sigh. But with a new hope of meeting their aunt soon, he cheered himself up and started to head for the girl, while Zach heaved another sigh and very reluctantly followed after his younger brother before he might lose sight of him. He grabbed his phone when the crowd grew thinner and just followed after the blurry figure of Gray in his peripheral vision.