𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. Velociraptors Valley

The five of them along with a few other visitors were headed through an opening into a broad alleyway bounded by high, secured walls. A huge metallic gate was shut behind them to prevent any entry from the main street; there could have been escapes of some more species they were not aware of, yet. They passed the locked down Paddock 9 on their way, which Kate verily knew to belong to the only Tyrannosaurus Rex of the park and wondered if it was still within the bounds of the paddock or had escaped, too— but in that case, the guards directing along the alleyways would have warned if that had happened. They were better off without needing to worry about breakouts of any other dinosaurs when the park was already failing to handle one gigantic escapee now set on killing spree. The daylight was finally fading out and it was dusking very quick, leaving barely an hour before sundown.

Claire, while also supporting Zach, was trying to reach Lowery via her transceiver. "Lowery? Lowery, can you hear me? I'm on my way back to you—"

"This is a bad idea!" Lowery's panicky voice was confusion inducing but Claire did not need asking as he went on in whispers."The boards assigned emergency ops to iNGen's private security division. This guy Hoskins is in charge. And he has this insane plan to use the Velociraptors to hunt the Indominus."

"Use the raptors?!" Claire repeated in absolute bemusement. But it was no surprise for the Gradys who, at once, looked at her in alarm.

"No way! That man—" Kate breathed sharply, knowing that this could be doing of one man only, "He is unbelievable! Have he lost his mind?!"

"That son of a—" Owen muttered in fury, but before he finished Gray in a little voice intercepted.

"You shouldn't say bad words," mumbled Gray. Owen glanced at him; his innocence again strongly reminded him that he needed to make sure that these kids should not be put to more danger. His eyes lingered over on Kate's face and he could simply read the exhaustion which she was hiding off her facial features; he had to keep her safe and out of these as well. "You take them all with you, and I'll handle that freak—" he told Claire as soon as he spotted a staff van ahead, until Kate interrupted.

"Don't count me out," she said shortly. "I'm coming as well." Owen had only opened his mouth to reason, but there were some clattering and thumping noises from the other side of the huge gate at the back seized their attention. The noises escalated to booming level in seconds. The gate trembled horribly, it looked it was about to go down any second. Some others and a few guards, too, had stopped like them in midway. The scene before their eyes was frightening in a sense which had them standing numb to their spots as they stared at the gate. What could it holding back, what was behind the gates?

In a split second, the gate had burst open with a torrent of crowds with one Pterosaur that chased them sweeping over their heads until it, too, was shot down by one of the guards around

In a split second, the gate had burst open with a torrent of crowds with one Pterosaur that chased them sweeping over their heads until it, too, was shot down by one of the guards around. But the stampede still proceeded at them on full speed and to save themselves, Owen, Kate, Gray and Claire, still supporting Zach, broke into a run for the van in sight ahead.