Study Buddy

You had taken far too many ibuprofen for your headache, your head was still pounding and your eyes were sore, actually now that you thought about it, everything was sore. Your back hurt from hunching at your computer all day, your legs ached from the lack of movement and your heart hurt from how miserable you were trying to get through all of your finals.

You knew you could have it much worse, but for some reason, you found yourself unable to get motivated to finish your classes. You knew you were close to the end, but you were just so done with working so hard for your grades.

You heard a pair of feet pad down the stairs behind you with in a familiar pattern. “How’s it goin’ darling?” Tom asked, he’d been doing his best to help you out but there really wasn’t much he could do to help.

You surely didn’t mind his arms that were now wrapping around your middle, his stomach pressed to the back of the chair you sat at.

“It’s okay, I guess, I just don’t have any good thoughts left to write about these topics,” you said, closing your eyes and leaning your head back onto the shoulder of your supportive partner.

“I’m positive that isn’t true, you’re the absolute smartest person I know, and I’ve met RDJ,” Tom joked lightly. You were too tired to laugh at his joke fully and settled for a smile, your eyes still closed, crinkling slightly as your cheeks raised.

“I’m sorry, love, am I just distracting you?”

You shook your head. “No, I’d have to be doing something for you to interrupt me,” you scoffed. Overly tired and drained mentally from working through the quarter.

“It’ll be alright, these aren’t due for another week, right?” You shook your head again. “No, that was the other essay final, I got that done last night, this is due in,” you paused for a second to think, Tom’s hands wandering up to massage your shoulders. 
“Maybe two weeks, I think.”

Tom hummed in acknowledgment. “So what I’m hearing is that,” he kissed your neck. “You could take a break for a while, and come upstairs and let me massage out these knots in your back,” he teased, his thumb pressing firmly into a spot you knew held a lot of tension. You hummed as his hands worked tenderly on your back.

“No, I’ve got to get this done, I don’t want this dumb class hanging over my head anymore,” you knew that Tom already knew how you felt in the subject, this wasn’t the first time the two of you had had this chat. 
“Just an hour?” He pleaded. You shook your head. “Trust me I wish-”

“Forty-five minuets.”

“Tom-”

“Thirty minutes? YN please,”

You sighed, nodding your head in acceptance. “Okay, 30 minuets, and then I’ll-”

You yawned, breaking your sentence in two. “Then I’ll get back to work,” you said, mostly to yourself.

“Good, alright, love, up with you, I’ve got you for a whole thirty minuets and we’ve got to make the most of that, now don’t we?”

You smiled, getting up and following Tom, who’d grabbed your hand in his and intertwined your fingers, to the kitchen.

“Alright, love, you need to eat,” he said, opening up the various cupboards and storage spaces in your kitchen, allowing you to view your options.

“Alright, I’ll just heat this up, it’ll be quick,” Tom watched you remove the extra layers of plastic and cellophane from a carton of microwaveable rice.

“’S'not a proper meal, but alright. Tonight it will have to do,” Tom said with a smile, kissing your cheek and once again wrapping his hands around your waist, following you around, trying not to trip over your feet as he walked so close to you.