Chapter 3

Opening up her eyes to look up at the alarm clock. 6:30 AM.She sighed she didn't want this. She didn't want any of this.She slowly stood up and walked into the bathroom. Washing her feathers and face before using the restroom.

Going up to sink again she let her red curly hair down from it's messy bun. She combed it before putting water on it. Putting it into a ponytail. Janelle walked in and did the same routine as her sister.

Camila slowly walked downstairs to make breakfast. "Good morning pup ready for the run." Great all she needed was for him to remind her. She nodded her head at him before going to go make breakfast.

"Your mother is already making breakfast for us,since it's a special day, why don't you sit down so we can talk about a few things." Janelle slowly walked down the stairs to see her sister sit down in the kitchen table.

"Morning Camila,mom,and papa." Janelle said happily sitting down next to Camila. "I'm gonna drop you and your sister up at the hunt and then after I will come back home for the day." He said before continuing."I will be their tomorrow with your mother to check up on you guys and bring you back home if you don't find your mate."

He then looked directly at Janelle. "I expect you to behave in the run since it is your first time their,I don't want people thinking I didn't raise my daughters right,be like your sister here she always leaves a good impression."

Janelle barely turned 16 which is the starting age of the run. Camila was 2 years ahead of her." Yes papa." She said before looking at her sister. To see her staring at the table. "After breakfast I want you girls to pack up quickly."

Camila and her sister nodded. Their mother came and put 2 plates down one full of pancakes and the other full of bacon. After they ate the girls quickly went into their rooms.

Camila packed some sweats with a oversized shirt,that was from her dad,and some jeans with black floral tank top. Shoving some flip flops in her backpack as well. Not forgetting to add her utensils into her front pocket of the backpack.

She slips on some legging and a t-shirt.For the run.She puts on some shoes before tying the laces.Going into her sisters room."What did you pack?"She asked." Just some clothes to sleep and for tomorrow when they pick us up."Janelle replied.

Camila checked her sisters out for which consisted of a tank top with some leggings and some shoes." Ok get your backpack we're leaving before it gets late and we get introuble."

Camila and Janelle met up with the Beast at the front door before hugging her goodbye. Walking into the car and driving away from their home. Praying that they could come back not for the beast but for their mother.

"I wish you girls luck on the hunt,make me proud pups." He smiled happily at them before hugging them goodbye. Closing the door behind them. Walking up to the back of the already long line that consisted of only women.

Getting to the front Camila made sure Janelle went before her. "Verification." A she-wolf said. Holding out her dark mark on her wrist before stepping into the gates that surrounds the land.

"Good evening Ladies and Gentleman,I am proud to be the leader of our annual hunt,I wish you the best of luck in the hunt,when you here the bell the human and she-wolfs may start to run,after the first 10 minutes the male wolfs will be released." A voice spoke through the speakers.

Camila quickly checked if her shoes were tied to see her sister trying hers."If they catch me no matter what don't turn back ok,you run!" Camila whispered to her sister.She nodded at her for a reply before the bell rang

Ding
Ding
Ding

Camila took of to the West never looking back making sure to keep her pace in a steady but quick level. Speeding up her pace a little bit before she started to climb up a tree. A little to soon for her she heard the second bell ring.

Ding
Ding
Ding

The beast were let to run. They were out. They wouldn't stop at nothing.But to find their mates. Time went by what felt like hours passed.

It soon became dark when Camil heard it a loud but low rumble. A black wolf sniffed around the tree she was in. Scratching at it. Whining. He started banging his body against the tree. He suddenly looked up. Camila held her breath and tried to blend into the tree.

It growled. It had seen her. The wolf howled before hitting the tree with so much force. Camila started falling. She hit the floor with so much force it knocked the breath out of her.

The wolf was on top of her in a flash. Licking at her face making her face scrunch up in disgust.It pawed at her hair,that covered the space between her neck and shoulder.No.She thought.

She started struggling causing the black wolf to growl. It licked the space between her neck and shoulder before bitting into it. She started to scream. She struggled more causing the wolf to place his claw warningly on her stomach.

Making her stop.Its teeth were so deep in her she felt it's canines scrape her collarbone. Hoping it was the end. She slowly closed her eyes. She felt it lick up the bite. Before it picked her up.

"You are safe now mate don't worry." Camila felt his breath on her face but didn't say anything.She was trying not to scream at him.

No.No I'm not with you and I know I will never be safe.