THIRTY THREE

Special Interview with Sebastian Stan

"And today I have the pleasure to be here with Sebastian Stan. Good morning Mr. Stan, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, you?"

"I'm doing fantastic. So we are here today to talk a bit about your projects coming up lately and your work with your organization. But let's first talk about that sweet angel of yours."

"Oh Luz, my dear doll."

"How is it being a single father?"

"It's rough, you know? It wasn't something I planned, like we had this idea in our head to be the perfect family. But when things don't work out and you have an angel that depends on you, you pick up the pieces and move forward. Luz sees me as this big super hero that is invencible, and that's who I have become just for her."

"What's your favorite memory with her?"

"Everything. There's not a single moment that I can just say that is it. Waking up, eating together, dropping her off at school, bringing her along with my work. It's all just a blessing and my favorite part."

"You sound like the greatest father ever."

"Well I hope I can be that for her."

"Now let's talk about upcoming projects, what's going on lately in your agenda."

"Well I'm part of this movie, which I can't tell you much about yet, but I can tell you that I'm working with incredible people and we are bringing this amazing story full of people that show what sacrifices are truly about."

"Oh we miss the Seb that used to spoil stuff."

"Can't do that anymore, sorry!"

"It's alright, let's talk about your job with the organization you made with the passing of your wife, Alondra."

"The organization is called very simple, which is Alondra's Life foundation. I didn't want a fancy name or an acronym, the name represents exactly what we do. Alondra's life ended shortly after a driver ran a red light while being on their phone. So we focus to keep the memory alive of those we have lost due to the negligence of people while driving. We raise money to help families who have medical bills, funerals, need money to get back on their on feet."

"What drove you to make this organization different than any other?"

"There's so many organizations to teach the dangers or prevent these stuff from happening, I wanted to help those that have been affected by the careless actions of others. Alondra was the sun of my life, and I want to keep that light coming, her memory alive, and helping others. We have been able to help so many people, you know, so many families. It's a tragedy that can change your life, but it deeply matters what you do with it. How you go on from it."

"Wow, we are sure she would be proud of you."

"I sure hope so. She gave me a new reason to live when she left, and I plan to do everything I can with the life I have."

"Now, it's been now a couple of years since she passed away, how do you keep her memory alive with Luz?"

"Luz has always been intrigued about who her mom is, and it wasn't easy at first to explain it, but when she was able to understand it, it was better. She wanted to know everything about her. So we watch her movies, shows, interviews, home made videos. We listen to the music she would like, do stuff she would do. It's hard for her to not have a mother, but she just wants to be connected to her mother, be just like her. I kept my promises, like her name and the teacher of Spanish even tho I'm so bad at it."

"Well she has grown to be a wonderful girl. But thank you for being here with us Sebastian."

"Thank you for having me."

"Check out Sebastian Stan in his new projects and support the Alondra's Life Foundation by donating or volunteering."

In loving memory of Alondra Stan