39

"The results will be out after three days. But since you're my loyal best friend, I'll give it tomorrow and start the tests now." Dr. Park said with a smile.

"Kamsahamnida." You uttered then bowed.

"Why're you thinking about this, Choyeonie? Are you not happy when you're with us?" Mr. Byun said with concern on his face.

"N-No! It's just been bugging me, that's why. And whatever comes out in the results, you're always be the best appa I've ever had."

"Aigoo. Don't make me cry." You giggled as Mr.Byun tried to contain his tears.

After going to the hospital, you and Taehyung decided to just continue to work.

As you started working, Jungkook sits beside you.

"Whatchu doing?" Jungkook beamed as he placed his head over his both palms, looking at you like a little kid.

"Working, you don't have anything to work on? Is that why you're bothering me?"

"I have one thing to work on."

"Ahh, okay."

He sits closer to you and leaned his face near yours.

"Yah, ask me what I have to work on."

"Nope. I can smell a cheesy pick up line. Better not to hear it."

"You like it. Don't deny." He whispered to your ear that makes you shiver.

"I like it."

"See?"

"Because you said that I must don't deny it. And for you to bother someone else."

"We will bother everyone else as we s—"

"JEON JUNGKOOOOK!" The two of you turned your heads quickly and saw Jimin behind the two of you, pointing at Jungkook.

"You stole those lines from me." Jimin hissed.

"I didn't."

"Yes you did! I've worked on those pick up lines for the last two days and you're just going to steal it from me!?"

"I don't care, shorty." Jungkook said as he mimicked Jimin's voice in a playful manner.

"You two, fight somewhere else. I'm working here, can't you see?"

"Choyeon-ah, we can work something else in the be—" Jimin was cut off by Jungkook who was pulling him out of your office.

You just sighed then continue working.

After lots of hours, it's late at night and you're still working, thinking that it will help the company to beat your rival and make the company more successful.

"Choyeonie, you're still working?" Jimin asked, worried.

"Ne, you should go home now. Maybe appa and Taehyung are still in here so you don't need to worry."

"I'm also worried about your health, don't force yourself if you're tired. You might get sick. Also, you skipped lunch and dinner."

"I'm fine. Tomorrow, I'll eat lots, is that okay to you?"

"Arasseo, I give up. Here, in case you're cold. I can see you shivering a while ago because of the air conditioner." He stated as he gave you lots of hot packs and a ramen.

"Wah! You're the best, Jimin-ah. Gomawo..." You said while looking at the hot packs.

"I guess I'll be going now. Take care of yourself okay?" Jimin uttered, messing your hair up.

"Okay, so do you."

After that, you eat the ramen and finally feel satisfied. But then you thought of something.

*Is Taehyung okay? He could be feeling cold as I am right now.*

You went to his office then opened the door, seeing him sleeping peacefully. You walk towards him and saw his angelic and innocent face. You smiled unconsciously.

*Cute.*

You saw his coat on the couch so you quickly took it and place it over him, causing him to have a satisfied moan.

You were about to go but you stopped then take a glance at him. You sighed then walked towards him again.

*I guess it's not bad if I do this.*

You gave him a kiss on the forehead then smiled. And now, you are really going to walk out of his office when he grabbed your wrist gently.

"Choyeon..." He called you out with his deep and raspy voice. You sighed heavily then turned to face him, smiling.

"What is it, brother?"

"I... Nothing." He mumbled then let go of you. You bit your lips in disappointment then nodded.

"Okay, I just came here to check you. Just call me if you need anything or if we're about to leave." You said then take step forward but—

"Choyeon."

You turned around, containing your annoyance.

"Okay, Taehyung, if you're just going to keep doing that then I suggest you just push me off this building and let me die."

"I—Pft. I just want to ask you something." You waited the next sentence he's going to let out.

"I don't really trust you.... The time when you have no reason to take a DNA test with me." He said. Your heart starts to beat faster.

"Tell me, what's the reason? Don't worry, no feelings of me involved. You can say it all."

"Promise me..... That all of these will just stay in this room, but never in your heart, okay?" You suddenly responded which caught him off guard.

It took him minutes to answer your question.

"Arasseo."

You breathe deeply while looking down then looked at him straight in the eyes, making him see that you're sincere about what you're going to say.

"Taehyung, while I'm at Busan... I can't stop thinking about you. Even though I said to myself that I'm already moved on or I'm okay without you, when I look everywhere, all I see is you... Maybe because I still love you... And then I thought that you're going to be married to... to Kireum, I want to give up so bad. And I tried... But when I came back here... I saw your face, and with just that, all my feelings for you came rushing back to me... But what will I do? What can I do? I'm your sibling. Your sister... And with that, all I can do is just..... Love you, but can never reach you..."

You sighed, catching your breath while trying to contain the tears that's building in your eyes. Taehyung can't do anything but to just gaze at you while you're talking.

"Wow, this speech really helps me... Now, this is really it. I'm going to love you as my brother. I will do what you did. You've moved on, now it's my turn... T-That's it, remember the promise okay? Goodbye, Taehyung."

You said then ran to your office. You sit on your chair and started to cry. The room was filled with you sobbing, crying, and sneezing.

The next day, it's time to know the results of the test. All you you were very anticipated to know what's the outcome. Waiting patiently in Dr. Park's room.

"Good morning." Dr. Park greeted, looking serious. You started to get nervous.

"So, Chanyeol-ssi. Can we see the result?" Mr. Byun asked with a smile. Dr. Park smiled sheepishly then hands over the envelope.