65 | the heartbreaking sound

Asanda | Colton
••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••
9:00pm

"Chicken?"

"Hi baby girl"

"Hi. Its you. You called. You're fine and you're not sick"

"I'm so sorry for worrying you babygirl, that wasn't my intention believe me."

"You didn't call for a week. I was worried sick. You told me you were in hospital. What happened?"

"I'm so sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing by not being calling you, I didn't realize I was making it worse"

"You have no idea. I was so worried Colton. It scared me, it reminded me that time you couldn't even talk. I thought something happened to you. I was desperate to know how you were but you didn't even call"

"I don't know what else to say but sorry baby girl. I'm so sorry."

"So many things have happened in your absence that I could have avoided"

"What do you mean? Are you okay?"

"I had no one. Carly was busy, you were ignoring me, my parents were out traveling. I was all alone and I .."

"Baby I'm so sorry. Are you okay? What happened?"

"I called him and he-- I knew he would come. It was so stupid of me to do that and yet I still did and now karma has come back to bite me on the ass and I can't do anything about it."

"Asanda. You're scaring me. Who is he you're talking about? What did he do? What are you talking about."

"Its so good to hear your voice again Chicken. I missed you"

"I missed you too baby girl, so much but tell me what's going on!"

"I can't-- I wish I can but I can't. I'm helpless in this situation"

"Baby please don't cry, please, that sound is the most heartbreaking sound I've heard to date. Please tell me what's going on... are you in trouble?"

"Colton-- I'm so tired, I wish I could but-- Colton I have to go--"

"Baby wait don't--"

"--I'm sorry!"

"Ba-"

*dial tone*

🎵Cause you make me feel like

🎵Cause you make me feel like. I've been locked out of heaven🎶

It might be an old song but its been stuck in my head for several hours now.

Written: 15 April 2018
Published: 07 May 2020

---371 Words---