89| the complaining

Asanda | Colton

Asanda | Colton

■■■

4:23pm

"Hi..."

"Asanda..."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"I'm not gonna pester you for details Chicken and you better start talking or I'll slap you through this phone."

"Geez... when did you become this feisty? I mean you were always feisty but this is a whole new--"

"Colton!"

"..."

"Come on Chicken! Spit it out!"

"It's not physically possible."

"..."

"Fine... I don't even know where to start."

"How about the beginning?"

"Is that a sar--"

"Colton be serious."

"Fine. My parents are being overbearing."

"Oh... I didn't expect that."

"Yeah well you forced it out of me. Do you still want me to continue?"

"..."

"Is that a yes or..."

"Yes."

"They are being overbearing Asa, I've never had a perfect relationship with my parents because I'm like the odd one out... Hailee and my twin brother Caleb were always more liked than me. I didn't know why, I still don't know why. But now that I'm si-- I got sick and now they want to play house with me and act like the parents they weren't when I was young.."

"... Colton, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Do you think your parents love you?"

"No. Otherwise they wouldn't just leave me to fend the wolves alone. They wouldn't choose between my twin brother and my little sister, they wouldn't fucken kick me out of the house just because I got into trouble twice."

"...Oh Colton--"

"They wouldn't do any of that if they loved me and it makes me fucken sick to see them trying to play the caring parent act just because I'm sick."

"You're sick?"

"..."

"...Colton? What do you mean by that? What do you mean when you say that you're sick?"

"...Haha! You must have misheard me Asa."

"Be serious Colton. What do you mean by that? Is it like flu or something else?"

"Sigh... Is that the only thing you caught on?"

"Its the only thing that's important! You're beginning to worry me by deflecting the question Colton."

"I..."

"Huh? Colton what? I can't hear you, speak up!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry for what? Are you trying to change the subject? Its not working you know?"

"I...Nothing is wrong."

"I have a feeling you're lying to me."

"I'm fine princess don't worry. I called to vent about my parents remember?"

"...."

"I'm serious babe, don't worry about me, I'm the one whose supposed to be doing that"

"... you know Colton... I want to give this a try, us a try because I like you a lot but we can't start building a relationship with lies and omitted truths. That's not a relationship at all. I want us to be honest with each other and I feel like you're lying to me and that ... and that hurts you know?"

"...I'm not--- You're right. I'm sorry baby girl."

"So you were actually lying to ... me?"

"I'm sorry ... I didn't want your opinion to change about me..."

"And you think it won't if you lie to me? Colton, how am I supposed to trust you when you--"

"---I have cancer."

Dun dun dun. The secret is finally revealed although I think you guys already suspected it right?

 The secret is finally revealed although I think you guys already suspected it right?

Written: 12 June 2018
Published: 21 May 2020

---538 Words---