04.

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒  

CHAPTER FOUR; 04.        

        The following day at school, Sage avoided Stiles and Scott. She was still pissed off that Stiles barked at her when she was just trying to help. The whole 'pack initiation' thing wasn't at all true, and she really felt like banging Stiles' head into his precious jeep. He cared more about the damn thing than he did people. So, whenever Stiles attempted to speak to her she turned in the other direction. Scott hadn't even tried, realizing that if Stiles wasn't getting anywhere with the blonde, he definitely wouldn't either. 

        After school, there was an awkward car ride home that involved herself and a certain brooding werewolf. Sage also happened to be avoiding Derek Hale, of whom seemed to swim in a pool of lies. She didn't feel right being in a car with him and not knowing what he was doing the night of the accident. She hoped that if he was involved, he would have told her by now. 

        "So, how was your day?" Derek asked, breaking the silence. Sage snorted and turned on the heat, kicking her shoes up on his expensive dashboard. She didn't see why he was acting so casual about the whole ordeal when in reality, she was practically steaming. 

        "It was great," Sage deadpanned, making sure her sarcasm was as evident as her anger. "Really appreciating the fact that you didn't even bother telling me you killed someone." 

        Derek sighed, and Sage couldn't help but become even more pissed. "Scott said I was the one who did that on the bus, didn't he?" 

        "Right now, I believe Scott McCall more than I would ever believe you. Where the hell were you that night? More importantly, what were you doing?" Sage interrogated, looking over at him. Her jaw was the only thing keeping her from spilling out an array of cuss words, and trust that she would do it. 

        "It's not your concern, Sage. Be a teenager." 

        "Be a teenager? Be a teenager? Derek, my whole family had their faces burned off in the house that we're now living in. My abilities are going haywire, and Beacon Hills is literally turning into a shitty, horror film where someone dies every week! I'd like to acknowledge that the blonde always dies first, and I don't want to die! So, no. I'm not going to be a teenager. I grew up a hell of a long time ago, and you of all people should know that." 

        Sage felt out of breath, her hands gripping the sides of the car to keep her from doing something stupid. He hit a nerve, and she wasn't going to lie. She thought coming back to Beacon Hills would be a temporary thing. She didn't know that she would be staying in the town where her family went up in flames. She sure as hell didn't know that the kid she used to play on the slides with in primary school would turn out to be a fucking werewolf. 

        The car went back to being silent after Sage's outburst. Derek didn't answer any of her questions, or even acknowledge that she finally talked about her family. It was a soundless ride back to the Hale house. 

        ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

        Stiles looked up from his computer when he heard a knock on his door. He initially thought that it might have been Scott coming to freak out about killing Allison, or something related to werewolves. He was partially correct with the latter. The short, blonde girl standing at his doorway was definitely something. She was wrapped tightly in the leather jacket she hadn't worn in a few days, her hair in a ponytail as she looked towards him. Sage raised her eyebrows, and waved towards him with her hands still in her pockets. "Are you going to let me in, Stilinski?"