38.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

THIRTY EIGHT. 

THE END. 

        As soon as they got to Lydia's house, Sage quickly unbuckled her seatbelt, sending a look at Stiles before throwing open the door and running up to the Martin's front door. Scott already took it upon himself to call her about fifty more times since they left Stiles' house, stressing that Jackson's death was all planned out by Gerard because it was the ending phase for a Kanima. He also said that Isaac and him were going to take Jackson's body to Derek, and that Lydia was the final puzzle piece in the equation. Jackson needed to be brought back and the one person who could do that was Lydia, the only person that the teenage boy has ever loved.

        So, the situation couldn't be stressed enough as Sage's finger repeatedly pressed on the doorbell, giving no shits what-so-ever if the Martin's got pissed at her. She hated Lydia's dad anyways, she was just waiting for their divorce. Thankfully though, neither parent showed up, and it was just Lydia. She was still wearing the same clothes from the game, although her face was swelled up from crying. "I know, Scott texted me. Let's go." 

        "Hey," Sage said, stopping Lydia before she moved anymore. "You're going to be okay." 

        "He's dead and then he's not? How am I supposed to cope with that, Sage? How can I possibly..." Lydia's voice trailed off and she shook her head. "We need to go. Scott said that it was an emergency." 

        The two girls jogged back to Stiles' jeep, Sage getting in the front seat while Lydia sat in the middle of the back. Stiles cleared his throat and started the car while Sage tapped on the interior of the car, her ADHD starting to ooze over as she grew even more impatient. She just wanted to find Scott and end this once and for all. For right now though, she was curious as to what her strawberry blonde friend knew about everything. She's been kept in the dark for so long, and Sage was getting tired of it. Besides, she suspected that Lydia already knew more than she was letting on. 

        "How much do you know?" Sage finally asked, breaking the silence that was in the car. Stiles darted his eyes her way, looking at her in question as to what she was thinking. The blonde shook her head, her way of dismissing Stiles disapproval. Lydia needed to know everything. 

        "Bits and pieces. It all comes in dreams," Lydia admitted. "Peter talked about werewolves and what you were. I didn't think it was true until I remembered back to the night of the formal. The doctors were confused about how you were effected by every little thing that happened to me." 

        "Yeah, that wasn't one of my brightest moments," Sage agreed, scoffing slightly. The night of the formal isn't something she's ever going to forget. It was literally the first time she ever felt completely hopeless, aside from the hostage situation at the station. "I'm sorry that we kept everything from you for so long. It's just that—" 

        Lydia sighed. "I know. You were just protecting me." 

        "Sage thinks she can protect everyone," Stiles added. Before a fight could break out between him and his girlfriend, he quickly asked, "Are you sure we're going the right way? This is leading to an abandoned warehouse." 

        "This is where Scott said to go. He just sent the directions. I don't know anything else," Sage replied, deciding not to speak to him about his remark on her protection issues. When Stiles asked where the next turn was, she went to answer, "Lef—"  Her word was cut off as she felt a sting of pain go into her shoulder, letting out a small screech at it.