14.

♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐ ♐

CHAPTER FOURTEEN; 14

        Sage ran her hands through her blonde hair as she paced around the room. Stiles had just forced her to send a message to Danny since, apparently, the teenage boy hated Stiles, and now she was just anxiously waiting for him to get here. She was more afraid of how Danny would react when he found out they weren't exactly going to be doing their lab assignment and that she wasn't really nervous about being home alone with Stiles.

        Which, by the way, is what she used as an excuse to get him to come over. Derek was just brooding in the corner of Stiles' room, impatiently grumbling like always. That was all that he could do, especially since Sage would give him a glare any time he made a move to expand the amount of space he was occupying. 

        Sage quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail, getting tired of pushing it out of her face every five seconds. In that time, the white shirt that she had chosen to wear today was finally brought to the attention of the brooding wolf, and he frowned at her. 

        With raised eyebrows, Derek asked, "What happened to your shirt?" 

        "Huh?" she wondered, confused as she put her hands back down at her sides, completely having forgotten about the small moment of similarity between herself and the infamous strawberry-blonde. 

        "Your shirt. There are stains on it," Derek explained, pointing at her white shirt.

        She looked down to see that the man was correct; Lydia had created a work of art with her makeup, from concealer to lip gloss, her whole shirt was coated in MAC products that probably costed more than the blonde's entire wardrobe. That was when Sage sighed and tried to rub out the smudges, only making an even bigger mess than before.

        "Were you crying?" 

        The blonde looked up from her cleaning and snorted. Derek's question made Stiles turn around in his swivel chair, nearly tipping the whole thing over in the process all from curiosity of what Derek had uttered from his mouth. Anything involving Sage interested him, though, if he were being completely honest. 

        Sage crossed her arms over her chest, narrowing her eyes on Derek as she felt the need to joke about the subject. "The cheerleaders cut me from the team." 

        "Do we even have a cheerleading team?" Stiles wondered, making both of them turn in his direction. He ducked his head, scratching his neck and not meeting their eyes.

        Sage smiled lightly at the boy's awkwardness, then remembered she had yet to answer Derek. "To answer your question, no. I wasn't crying. Lydia was; and before you ask why, I don't think it's my place to say— the whole girl code thing."

        Sage also didn't want Stiles to know that the girl of his dreams was finally single and ready to be snatched up, leaving Sage with an even bigger opinion on why love sucked ass. She knew that she shouldn't be so concerned about the relationship, or rather non-relationship, between Stiles and Lydia, but she couldn't help it. There would always be something there that was a threat to anything the blonde and the boy could ever be. 

        Trying to change the subject, Sage scratched her arm. "Stiles, do you have a hoodie? Or a different shirt? I'm not going to have a chance to change before the game." 

        Stiles eyes widened and he nodded excessively, jumping out of his seat, tripping on the bottom of the chair. Sage saw Derek smirk, but she refused to acknowledge him. She already knew that Derek had assumptions and accusations floating around in his head. Most of them involved the hyperactive sixteen year old in front of her. He had a piece of clothing in his hands, a grey hoodie that was obviously going to be too large on her. She took it none-the-less, slipping it on over her damaged shirt.