Chapter four.

Picture of Ashlyn 🔝

Your mind will always believe everything you tell it. Feed it hope. Feed it the truth. Feed it with love.
-Unknown

This guy is definitely out of his mind because guess where my office is?

On the left corner of his office. He said that once I had proved to him that I was 'responsible' enough I would get my own office. Like what is this? How old does he think I am?

I stomp my way to my office and throw the papers down a little forcefully.

Sitting down I take out each paper, scan through them looking for errors, fixing it, then making them into soft copies.

I have a very bad habit of chewing on pencil when I was in deep thought. This habit was bad especially in school, cause it was only when it was in my mouth that I remembered that I had shared it, so yeah...

While I was doing this I could feel that his eyes were on me. Those emerald eyes pierced into my brain making it hard to work.

"Would you like anything, sir?" I finally spoke up when I couldn't take anymore staring.

"Yes. Please stop chewing on that pencil it's distracting." He said.

How is chewing one a pencil distracting? I did that when I thought! But I knew better than to argue or question him, I have to wait for the right time.

So I stop chewing on my pencil and tried focusing a lot on what I was doing. By the time I look up I see that it's already noon.

Getting up from my table, being the neat freak, I am I tidy my desk and turn to go.

"Would you like some lunch sir?" I ask him before leaving but he just ignores me and types away on his laptop.

Not thinking too much about it I leave and take the elevator downstairs to the cafeteria.

"Hey, you must be Natasha." The receptionist says.

"That's me," I reply.

"I'm Ashlyn. You heading for lunch?" She asks.

"Yep!" I say enthusiastically. My stomach is rumbling and the thought of food makes my taste buds water.

"Ok. Let me just tell Ethan that we will be downstairs" She says then start speedily texting on her phone. "Ok let go."

We make our way to the cafeteria and the smell of food hits me like a wave.

"This is officially my favorite place in this building" I whisper.

"So you are the new PA aren't you?" She asks.

"Yeah. Got accepted yesterday." I replied.

"How come the interview was yesterday and you got the job on the same day? What did you do?" She asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nooo! I wouldn't." I said my face twisting to disgust.

Soon it's was our turn to get our food, everything looked so good but finally I settled with a Turkey Ranch Club Wrap meanwhile Ash settled with a Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Chicken.