Chapter twenty one.

~Wealth consists not in having great possession but in having few wants.-Epicurus.~
*
*
*
Surprise chapter.
*
*
*
*
Lorenzo's POV.

I rushed through the hospital door.

"Sorry sir. Where are you going?" The nurse questioned.

"Miss. Valenti," I replied.

"Are you family?" She asked.

Gosh. Say you are her boyfriend.

I thought you were the good angel here.

Do you want to get in or not?

"I'm her boyfriend," I said.

"Oh. She didn't mention anything about that." She says flipping some pages.

"Well somethings are best kept unknown," I said.

"Ok room 57 ." She said.

"Thank you," I said rushing past her.

Slowing down my pace when I get out of the elevator I scan the doors for the room 57. My heart drops to the bottom of my chest when I see Natasha.

She's seated near her aunt, her beautiful silky blond hair is now messier than usual. Her exquisite emerald eyes have lost their sparkle and are now red, with dark circles forming under it.

Should I knock?

I decide to go for it. When she whispers come in her voice hoarse my heart breaks. I can't help but think that I caused all of this.

"Nurse..." she begins but abruptly stops when she sees me. Although in that state I can see the daggers she throws at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asks coldly.

"Listen just hear me out before you chase me away," I say.

"Hear you out?! Are you kidding? Did you 'hear me out' when you fired me? Did you 'hear me out' when you sent that $15000? Did you 'hear me out' when you magically appeared in Natalie's suite? No Lorenzo I will not 'hear you out' but I will get someone to exhort you out." She said using a lot of inverted commas made by hands. I really wanted to laugh but I saw how angry she was and swallowed my laughter.

"Ok. Please just let me explain. Give me ten minutes and then after that, if you want to still chase me out, you can." I pleaded.

"These ten minutes I won't be able to take back. I mean EVER." She warned.

"I promise it will be worth it," I reassured her.

"Ten minutes and that's all." She said sitting on the sofa.

"Ok. Thank you so much." I said sitting down.

"Nine minutes and 59 seconds." She started counting.

"Ok. So let me start the day we came back from the airport." I said.

"My mum wanted to tell me something. She said I should let you go because I had missed an important meeting that would allow our company to grow, I missed it the day we were baking those delicious cookies. Mum wasn't pleased with her kitchen and the meeting I missed. So after I talked to her about the reasons I missed it, she said that I have to let you go so that I could focus more on the company." I said purposely leaving out what I had discussed with my mum.

"So it was her idea to fire me?" She asked calmly.

"Yup," I said.

"And you just went along with it not bothering to explain that simple fact to me." She said getting angry again.