Breathing Retaliation

Raven

After I saw the cups crash down at a painstakingly slow rate, the feeling of drowning escaped me at an even slower pace. I yank up enough willpower to call Robin on the communicator, and that amount is smaller than I'd like, considering Terra knocked the wind out of me after dropping me like a bomb onto two random guys. Luckily, my hand caught on a glass full of brown root beer-ick-which shattered on the ground, and suddenly, I had a tiny bit more air in my lungs.

I look around, anxious, and see a green lump on the pavement. It isn't moving, and it looks suspiciously like a certain someone Cyborg calls Booger Breath. I'm still breathless on the ground, while the two guys are arguing above me.

Toothpick-"I call dibs!"
Shorty-"No way, man! I want her!"
Toothpick-"Looks like she's starting to breathe again. Hurry up, grab that rope."
Shorty-"Okay." I see Shorty bend down, and vaguely register something tugging on my wrists and ankles. "There, she's stuck. Now let's deliver her and Birdy Boy to boss."
Toothpick-"Aw yea! Boss'll be thrilled we snagged two! Three more Titans and we can get the-"
Toothpick and Shorty-"Ultimate prize!"

I groan, feeling a boniness under my stomach and my hood sliding back off my head. I still sense water swimming around me, and do something I should have done before. I break off my telepathy communication with Beast Boy.

Instantly, cold oxygen rushes into my nose, and I gasp. My senses start returning, but I can't move my feet or hands. I feel a weird stickiness over my mouth, too; they must have taped it shut or something. I struggle harder against my binds, but all it earns me is a swift whack to the back of my head. I continue hanging uselessly from what I assume is Shorty's shoulder, just watching the ground rush past. A hand raises up into my vision, and Shorty says something. After a few minutes, I decide to start listening.

"I SAID, do you know this green dork?" I nod my head profusely. The 'green dork' is an unmoving Beast Boy bird. Shorty cackles. "Well in that case, you're both gonna get special treatment!"

"I don't think so, dude." A new voice disagrees. It sounds like Robin.

"Indeed! The only 'special treatment' that will occur will be us doing you justice!" A girl voice, and that lacking in contractions, has to be Starfire.

"Yo! You two owe me two teammates, one brand-new T-car, and on heck of an explanation!" Hmm, there's no telling who that voice belongs to.

I see the ground come rushing up, and feel the painful cement to skin sudden contact that is sure to leave bruises later. I struggle against my binds, but my magic is too weak, and I have apparently been forgotten by the others in the midst of battle. I lie there for a while, helpless, until I hear 'oofs' from each of the other Titans. Quickly and imperceptibly, I reach over with my magic and scoop up Beast Boy, then tuck him in the fold of my cloak, right where it leans against my neck, and hope he won't fall out.

"Oh Titans, you always used to put up more of a fight! Although it was nice seeing you again, I can only take one at a time." I feel myself being lifted in the direction of the voice, which smells an awful lot like potato chips. Of course, Toothpick and Shorty's boss is the Titans' 'worst enemy'. And now, I'm his captive, and I have to drag Beast Boy down with me too.

?????

Excellent! Now I have the dark mistress of magic! It is too bad that the others must wait. . . What happened to the grass stain? I think to myself. Man, why did I place my lair so strategically far away?

I pause for a few minutes to suck in air, then spray some more special mist in Raven's face. She stays knocked out, and I grin wickedly. That store is pretty helpful in the way of weapons. . .