Meet the Emoticlones

Terra

"Raven? Raaaaaaveeeeeeen?" I wave my hand in front of her face. She's been staring at the wall across from us, gripping my wrist, reciting her mantra.

"Argh! It's! Not! WORKING!" Raven yells in frustration, dropping my wrist. "Maybe you need to say it too. Maybe it's because I'm trying to bring you in without the mirror. I'm going to try again, you say it too, and make sure to envision it."

"Envision what?"

"My mind."

"Which looks like. . .?"

"You don't want to know. Never mind, just focus on the words."

"Got it." I clasp her hand tightly, and stare at one spot on the wall. "Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos. Azarath Metrion Zinthos." Slowly, the wall in front of me cracks in the middle, replaced by a swirling black abyss, dotted with tiny white stars. The crack widens, and I feel myself falling forward into it. "Azarath Metrion. . ." I hear the wall snap shut behind us, release Raven's hand, and look around.

We're standing on a lone rock floating in the darkness, and far ahead is another platform, with a deadly-looking gate looming over it. "So where are your emotions?"

"Just follow the path, don't ask what path, just watch." I follow her command, and keep my eye on the space between us and the gate, until a skinny gray path appears from nowhere. Raven calmly steps onto it, then looks back at me. I carefully trail behind, keeping a slow, steady pace, until Raven starts flat-out running. I follow suit, boots thudding against the stone walkway. Finally, after a decently lenghtened run, we find ourselves at the gate. Raven readily crosses through it, but I stay back. She raises an eyebrow to ask, 'what is it?'

"How do you know your emoticlones won't hate me? I know I would if I were them, even though then I couldn't be me, so I couldn't have anyone to hate. . . But still!"

"It's fine, Happy will meet us first. She's always been the hardest one for me to meet." Anxiously, I step through the gateway, and into a sparkly pink universe of fluffy clouds and joy. Barf. Raven pokes me and motions forwards, where her identical twin is running towards us, but wearing pink? Must be fraternal twins.

"Hi Raven! Welcome back! Why does your bedroom look like a scary jail cell? Why haven't you been back recently?" Every word out of her mouth sounds like a ringing of joy. Ew. "What's she doing here?" Her voice lowers to the tone of Raven's, and she eyes me. Apparently, Happy can do Fury too.

"Happy, it's okay. She's fine. Just, can you round up the emoticlones?" Raven answers. I never knew she could act polite.

"Okay, whose realm room?" Whose what now?

"Knowledge. We're going to need her library."

"Got it!" Raven hands me the headphones I gave her earlier. I shoot her a questioning look, but she shakes her head and places them on her ears, with her hands clamped over them. I do the same, then nearly go deaf. Good news; the only way for Happy to call in the emoticlones is by yelling. Very loudly. When she finally finishes, Raven takes back the headphones and stows them in the cloud floor below us, then takes my wrist and drags me along through the next portal. The realm Beast Boy said Cyborg described as 'that place where we didn't know where we were before'.

A maze shoots up from the ground, but Raven remains unfazed. She just moves up to a panel at the entrance, puts her eye, finger, and voice to it, and the maze vanishes back below. Raven continues on through the next few realms with ease, and eventually I just give up charting how they look.

At last, we come upon a realm of yellow, filled with books, scrolls, eyeglasses, and various tables with lamps atop them. Towards the center of the realm stand a tall building, inscribed with 'Bibliotheca', and below that on a wooden arch, 'Praeteritum et Futurum ad Claves Portarum'. (A/N Library, Keys to the Past and Gateways to the Future *in Latin*) Raven tugs me inside, and pushes me towards a lone table filled with scrolls, and a yellow-robed Raven with glasses behind it.