11|Friendships|

Five months later...

We're halfway through the senior year and I'm surviving it miraculously. Let me tell you what has happened over the last roller coaster five months.

Since the kidnapping incident with the NightWalker gang, I've gained new friends. Yep, Darren is now my annoying buddy. Every after school, he would race with me with his badass skateboard.

Gabriel, on the other hand, would always come to the burger shack where I work. He would 'pretend' that he wants food but he always waits for me to finish my shifts.

Then, he'd take me to abandoned places and kill me. Just kidding, there, we do whatever the hell we want. I bring lots of spray paints and do graffiti all over the walls. It's so much fun.

There's Vincent, let's say I've found a study buddy. He's in the top three of the class and I'm in top two. During the finals, we basically studied for hours which resulted in good grades.

All of them were kind and nice to me. Sometimes, they'd 'kidnap' me just to bring me to their house and hang out. Who knew I'd make good friends before I graduate high school?

One more thing, Brandon Hunter. Whenever I'm with the guys, he's probably the most serious one. We talk, hi's and hellos. After that bathroom encounter, he actually became nicer. He even said sorry for hitting me before which really surprised me.

Good thing, they don't talk to me much at school. Why? It's because I've asked them to do it. Even though they don't understand me, they respected my plea that I didn't want any high school bitch running after me.

Unlike them, I'm not very good with attention. It's like a spotlight for my shame. I feel like I'll always be embarrassed in the eyes of the public.

My stepfather's been gone for two months. I don't know where the fuck he went but I don't give two shits. Sorry for the foul language, I just really hate him.

Gabriel said that he once saw my stepfather with someone in the mall but I just laughed. Yeah, I accepted the fact that he replaced my dear mother so quickly but that doesn't mean I'll accept any of his mistresses.

Today's the start of our winter break and I promised the gang that I would visit them today since I haven't talked to them during finals week.

I put some blue jeans, yes blue. Have I told you that they have finally convinced me to wear some colors? Then, I put some long sleeves shirt along with my shoes.

San Fransisco weather during December is hella icy and cold so I also wore a scarf. After that, I jumped down from my window and walked to Brandon's house.

I didn't knock anymore since the door was open. Seriously, they may be the 'most feared gang' that everyone is talking about but they don't even lock the door.

You might ask, what they do as a gang? Streetfighting. They never lost even one game. That's why everyone knows them.

Personally, I disagree with them since they do dangerous things but it's their gang and I'm not in it so why should I care?

"Cassidy!" The boys called me over. As usual, they're playing Fortnite. It's that cool shooting game that everyone is obsessed about. I play it too but I'm not addicted.

"I'm famished, Cass, will you microwave some popcorn?" Being ordered to do something never stopped. They think that I'm their 'helper' when actually they're all couch potatoes.

I popped the popcorn in the microwave and as usual, I stole Brandon's strawberries. He doesn't care much anymore, he knows how much I love it.

If you would ask how our friendship is, I'd say that we are forced into our friendship because his friends are fond of me.

After two minutes, I place the popcorn in separate bowls and handed it to them. Then, we all sat and decided to watch a movie.

"Let's watch Fifty Shades!" Gabriel said. Oh hell no.

"Nope, we aren't watching that. Not with the four of you!" I shouted before scanning more movies.

"Cassidy's right, let's watch Baywatch." Seriously, Dwayne? So boring!

I laughed and suggested, "How about a Disney movie?" They all looked at me with disgusted looks.

Don't they like Disney movies? "Let's watch Moana, then!" Not a bad movie, Vincent.

While we were all arguing, no one noticed Brandon putting a CD in "The fuck, Brandon?" Darren said.

We all waited for the movie to play and when the title appeared, my heart dropped, yes, dropped. It's not that I hate this movie but it just shows too much memories. Memories that I buried deep on the ground.

I watched as the first scene unfolds before my eyes and I didn't notice the loudness of the guys since I was fixated on the movie. It's been seven years since I have last seen this movie. It used to be my favorite.

"Cassidy! Are you even listening to me?" I snapped out of my thoughts when Gabriel threw a popcorn that quickly hit my face. I looked at them and realized it was a chaos.

"You zoned out, woman," Darren teased. What the hell just happened? "We're all hating Brandon for playing Brave, right now."

All their hair were messed up, it's like they all just punched each other. How I wish he never played that movie, it's too late. All the memories I've had with it were slowly coming back to me.

I thought it were all long forgotten but the pain and emptiness were slowly rushing to the surface of my soul. "Let's just change it," I tried to laugh but clearly they knew something was going on in my head.

"Touch the remote and I'll punch you," Brandon laughed while he threatened me.

"He loves this movie, Brave, the big bad gangster actually believes in fate, Cassidy," they all teased.

Why would someone like him believe in fate. Why would Brandon love the movie, why? Am I going crazy or everything's just too real to be true?