20|Remember|

Brandon Hunter's Point of View

My hands were bound and my ankles are tied to the leg of this chair. Where the hell am I? The last thing I remembered was punching Troy, the dick leader of the Massacre Gang and then, a cloth was pressed to my mouth leaving me unconscious.

I was not awake for a long while before hearing the door open. At least they did not put a blindfold over my eyes and I could still see what was happening.

When I tried struggling with these restraints, I failed. "He's awake, T," the man shouted, piercing my ears with his annoying voice. Suddenly, all of the gang members arrived and they were all looking at me.

"What the hell do you want, Troy?" I asked with an evil grin on my face, trying to insult him. He seemed to dislike it so he rushed over to me and kicked my stomach. Too bad for him, he did not even make the chair and I fall.

The men laughed at my state but still, it would not change the fact that I am the leader of the best street fighting gang in the bay area. "You still don't fucking remember, do you?" The other man asked.

"Remember what?" I growled, not caring if I still looked weak because I was helpless with these ties. Troy just laughed and pulled out a swiss knife from his pocket, was he seriously trying to scare me?

"All those years for nothing, Brandon Hunter!" He screamed and pressed the tip of the knife on my neck but not enough to draw blood.

Ronnie, the other guy, which I just learned his name started speaking nonsense things. "That accident really damned you, huh?" Were they even someone from my past? I was not sure anymore.

"Ever since we were kids, Brandon, you were always number one, beating everyone including us," Troy said. So I knew them but I still don't remember.

All these years of battling their gang, it was because they hated me for my past. "I was born to be the best," I insulted them. Then, Ronnie said something that actually caught my attention.

"Too bad, you don't even remember her, Jewel."

Jewel. If there's only one thing that kept on repeating in my mind, it was that name. The significance of it was something I could not remember.

When I became silent, they knew that I was aware of what they were talking about. I didn't ask questions about her because I won't believe anything that comes from their filthy mouths.

Ronnie came closer to me and said, "Let us bring back your memories. You see, that Cassidy of yours, she's not who you think she is." So now they involved her. Seriously, everything sounds crazy right now.

The third man, Wallas, he also spoke, "She's a good archer, you know? She shot three of our guys with her arrows but why do you think she even saved you that night?" He asked the one thing that I never knew the answer to.

"Back when we were all eighth graders, Brandon Hunter, that name was known to all. Why? It was not just because you were always on the top of our classes but you had one thing that no one could ever have," Troy said and punched me hard in my face, making me spit blood on him.

"That was for the first time you punched me, asshole," he growled. "It was not a thing that everyone envied, you had someone, no boy in town did not notice her, Brandon but because you were there, you had her all by yourself."

It was evident in their eyes that they were angry and furious. Who was the girl they were all talking about? None of it still made sense to me.

Ronnie added, "Yeah, pretty one, redhead, green eyes, everything about her made everyone drool over her but guess what? She belonged to Brandon Hunter."

"Then, you had an accident with her, your memories were gone, you forgot about her. Just when I thought that I could finally have her, she left. Poor her, with an abusive father, they moved here and after every tragic thing that happened, she still ended up back in your arms," Wallas spat.

Whoever she was, I know that she's an important piece to my past. I have to get out of here, soon. "If you want her then why did you take me?" I asked while confusion drowned my mind.

Ronnie laughed, hard. "Oh, we don't want you, Hunter. You may have forgotten us but she sure didn't. Don't you get it? She'll risk everything to save you again and she will."

Something behind this was a reason and I had to figure it out. "And if she does?" I questioned.

"Then, she'll know that she risked her life to save you and in the end, she'll be trapped here, left with us with no one else to save her," Troy said with an evil grin displayed on his face.

"But what does Cassidy have to do with all of these?" I asked but before they could answer, Wallas landed several punches making my head spin like hell.

Th chair dropped and broke, making me free. I didn't bother to fight because of the state I was in, everything was like a blur. My migraines came back as an effect of not taking my medicines.

All I could do was see but not hear. Troy, Ronnie, and Wallas were laughing at me until everything came back to me. It was like a rush of nausea that hit me and I was slowly remembering everything.

My life, my childhood, and her. Jewel, the girl that was always in my dreams, she's my best friend since first grade. Her ginger red hair, beautiful face, and her amazing archery skills. Jewel, that's what I called her but it was not her name.

I remembered the accident, the time when I was with her and her mother, everything before it was peaceful. It's true everyone hated me for having Jewel as my best friend and that no one could touch her.

But most of all, it all finally dawned on me. All those highschool years of hiding from me, Cassidy was not a mystery to figure out. Cassidy Jules Morgan was someone to remember from my past because I already knew her back then.

She is my jewel.