4

"I accept your offer."

To him, those words were nothing short of a symphony. Seeing her like this, although sad, was a sweet victory. At the time, Jeff was laying down on his bed. Flipping through a pornographic magazine; killing time before he was to leave on another killing spree.

That's when she stumbled in, tail between her legs and all. He slammed the magazine shut and tossed it onto the other side of the bed. Raising from the bed, his grey eyes beamed in the soft light.

(Y/N) was now fully visible, she looked so vulnerable. She was crouched down with her back against the door, her knees drawn to her chest and her face hidden behind them. This would have made his smile fade slightly if it were capable. As much as she would hide it, her experience in this place has worn her down.

She was worn down to her tether, a mere shell of the once sarcastic, headstrong woman she used to be. At this point Jeff found himself thinking about what she could have been, had she not crossed paths with Toby.

She probably would have graduated from high school and would have been well into her studies. What would she have chosen to study? She'd have many friends ,maybe, she had this energy that drew people in. She'd probably be happy.

But he pushed those thoughts aside, because if she hadn't met Toby, she wouldn't be here. Jeff inhaled as he ran his fingers through his tangled, black hair and exhaled the thoughts out.

He chuckled; softly. Drawing her attention directly to him. She slowly lifted her head up to look at him. Her (S/C) face was stained with streaks of tears and her (E/C) eyes, red and still filling with tears.

Jeff unknowingly stopped his seemingly cruel laughter to look at her. She noticed and frowned in confusion; which is what caught his attention. He let himself slip for a moment, a disturbing display of humanity.

He looked away and cleared his throat, bringing back attention to the topic at hand. He swung his large legs over to the side of the bed; then stood up. "You except, huh?" He said, his voice deep and rugged.

She shifted uncomfortably and sniffed. "Oh." She let one of her legs lay down, flat on the ground and sloppily wiped one side of her face. "Yeah." She said softly. She had a slight ring of disappointment in her voice.

It sounded like she was defeated, like she hated herself. Jeff heard this, it began to bring back those thoughts. The thoughts he was trying so much to forget. He picked her up from the floor.

She was so limp, so heavy. He propped her on her own feet, which she begrudgingly stood on. He held her close to his chest so he could feel her warm body up against his. "I'm almost sorry that you had to find out this way." Jeff said in a sigh.

He took a few steps away from the door, so she wouldn't feel cornered. But she didn't seem willing to move, her feet dragged against the wooden floor. He propped her back onto her feet again, to his surprise, she wrapped her thin arms around his neck.

She was sniffling like a wounded child being comforted by a loving parent. She was burying her face in his chest, in an attempt to hide herself. She was comfortable with him, just as he wanted.

"It's sad really, someone like you got dragged into something like this. Because he didn't know what he wanted, he probably was just using you to fill the space. To make her jealous." Jeff paused and pulled her off of him by her upper arms.

She was like a new born baby, it was as if her neck couldn't bare her weight of her head because her head rolled off to the side. Jeff tilted his head to the side so he was making balanced, eye contact with her.

"He probably never loved you." He said in a monotonous tone. As he said it, her body tensed up. Her eyes filled with tears and immediately spilled out and down her face. She covered her face with a hand as she began to sob.

She made her body go limp and deliberately heavy, slipping out of Jeffs grip. She plopped down onto her knees. She covered her face with both her hands and rocked gently back and forth.

Jeff went in to hold her again but she pushed him away, mumbling incoherently. She gasped for air and slapped her hands against her thighs. She wiped her eyes again and looked up at him.

"Y-you don't have t-to be a d-d-dick." She mumbled angrily. Jeff chuckled and got down to her level but before he could say a word, she spoke again. "This is a mistake." She said in a sigh.

"Look at me, crying for a man. I'm so pathetic." She said with a slight laugh. It was weird and worrying. "Who is he anyways, just another Damon." She pushed herself up to her feet, stumbling a bit but caught herself.

"Fuck this, I don't need him... I don't need anyone." She said a with slight confidence. She started towards the door when Jeff finally spoke up. "You might be seeing that differently. I mean you are pregnant after all." Jeff said slyly, almost humming.

(Y/N) stopped, she looked at him. Her eyes were wide with shock. She had almost forgotten that she was pregnant but even worse, Jeff knew. "You might have had everyone else fooled but I knew (Y/N)... and when Toby finds out he might execute you on the spot." Jeff whispered.

He inched closer to her and snaked his arms around her shoulders. "You need me." He whispered in her ear. She stood completely still for a moment, her heart beating so fast it almost felt like it could fly out of her chest.

She pushed out of his grip and looked at him. "I- ... if you knew I was pregnant." She stopped and looked at him again. Silently allowing herself to calm down. "Why would you want me." She said softly.

Jeff gently pulled her closer to himself and the bed. He brushed his fingers against her soft skin. "Because I'd like to see you happy (Y/N) . All you have to do... is make me happy."