9

Tim

Up until this moment, my life has been like walking in the dark. Walking around with arms outstretched, taking tiny steps to avoid tripping over something unseen. There is nothing, I am lost in the void of silent darkness. It's scary because I never know if anything stands right beside or behind me.

I grow more confused, scared and desperate as every minute passes. And just as I am about to collapse in defeat, I can feel a wall. Something physically there, cold and sturdy. It fills me with hope, hope to find my way. The more I walk, I start to feel and hear a crunch beneath my feet.

There's a glimmer in the distance, a tiny twinkle out far. My eyes are not adjusted so that tiny light seems so bright. I speed up, my wary legs traveling faster then they ever have. The small light becomes more clear.

It's a sliver of light, a small line coming from the crack of a door that just barely illuminated the outside. I can see what I've been walking on. Shattered mirror shards, I can just barely see my own reflection. I'm relieved, I breath out in a happy sigh as a result of it. I walk in, finally I am safe.

But, just like life. This light is fleeting and it's only a matter of time before I find myself stumbling around in the dark again.

Tim. You are the wall. You are my hope. You have kept me going at my darkest just like others before you. Tobi is my light, my sense of relief and safety and just like the light, he goes just as quickly as he came. Just like many before him. And the mirror on the floor, well that's me.

I stop before I can enter the room and take a good look at myself. Tim...I'm broken, shattered on the ground and being walked all over. I can barely recognize myself anymore, my reflection is clouded by the darkness that haunts me.

That's when I realized it. I am wondering in circles in a big empty house and I need to get out. I need to see the moon and the stars. I need to see the sun, the lights that will never leave.

I need to get out of this house.

I hope you can forgive me for leaving you. I love you big brother.

Please tell Toby that even though he has hurt me, he has saved me from myself. Let him know I'll never stop loving him, until the day I die.

Love (Y/N).
******

This brought tears to Masky's eyes every time he read it. Two years later and still, Masky felt his heart sink just a little thinking about her. What a suicide note she had written, how honored he was that she had wrote it to him and not Toby.

Toby, who was distraught at first then distant and uncaring. When Toby found out (Y/N) had addressed only Masky in her suicide note, Toby only being an afterthought, he was ready to blow but not long after he seemed unmoved. He continued his life with clockwork and it was as if (Y/N) had never existed.

Masky had no urge to fight it anymore, it's not what she would have wanted.

"You're right."

Slenderman said from behind Masky. He was in his head again. Masky didn't reply, he simply put the letter in his right pocket and took out a box of cigarettes out his other. He slid a cigarette out of the carton and held it with his lips. He put the box back in his pocket, the shrugged at Slender.

"You're here again."

Slender commented, while Masky lit his cigarette.

"I come here all the time. Just thinking about what she'd be like had she not run away. Toby would have been a dad of a two year old."

Masky said fascinated. He took a drag of the cigarette.

"She'd be miserable. It was only a matter of time before she had up and left."

Slenderman pointed out. He came up to Masky, his tall figure casting a shadow over (Y/N)'s tombstone.

"I should have taken her, I should have gotten her to a place she'd be happy."

Masky said, a slight crack in his voice. Slenderman put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't think she'd want to leave him, despite what he's done. I think in her head it was either be with everyone here or nothing... It's unfortunate but not worth pondering over because we'll never know so best not think about it child. What's done is done."

Slenderman said, his head tilting down and looking at (Y/N)'s tombstone.

"I have a task for you. I think it's time you do it."

Slender said again.

"Whatever."

Was all Masky said. He tossed the cigarette aside, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"You and Hoody."

Slenderman said, guiding Masky away from (Y/N)'s grave.