8

Toby's POV

"From d-day one.'

I said. (Y/N) looked up and away from her phone, with a frown.

"Huh?!"

She asked, squinting and tilting her head off the side like a confused puppy.

"Tha-that's when I fi-first saw you."

I spoke again, moving to brush some stray hair that rested on her face away. She moved her head off more to the side to avoid the hand I had outstretched towards her.

"Dude. I asked you that a month ago, I even forgot about it.'

She scoffed, laughing and letting herself fall onto her comfortable bed that I have become so accustomed to. Still holding onto my arm. I waved her hand to the side and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"I nuh-know tha-that."

I answered plainly.

"Wait.. when? If you're saying you first saw me from day one. Does it mean when we were running from the house?"

She asked, raising an eyebrow. Rolling up slightly to look me in the eye.

"N-n-n-no."

I answered.

"Oh... when we were walking up to the house."

She spoke, smiling and rolling away.

"No."

I said again.

"When we were almost inside the house? That's impossible.'

She sat up, looking at me in confusion. She mumbled off to herself for a moment.

"I mean, if you saw me... then you could have killed me and my friend there and then."

She said, her face having a slight tint of fear in it.

"Who said I wah-was on tha-the other sa-side of the h-house."

I countered, shrugging nonchalantly. It seemed as if her blood ran cold because her eyes widened.

"I-I m-m-must say, I nah-never told you ha-how smart you were. You d-didn't fah-freeze like your friend da-did. You hah-hit the ground rah-running. Literally. My fah-favorite part is when you gah-got to the gate."

"When I did my ninja slide?!"

She interrupted, giggling. I gave her a nod and continued.

"Yeah, dah-didn't it huh-hu-hurt to slide on the dah-dirt like tah-that?"

I asked, lightly brushing my finger tips on her thighs. Ghosts of the scars she had got from that incident still clearly visible.

"Like a BITCH! But it was worth, I probably looked so cool."

She said, shaking her fist by her face in victory.

"Tha-that you did, I won't lah-lie."

I admitted, roughing up her hair playfully. She laughed and smacked my hand away, the way she usually would.

"So.."

(Y/N) said, sounding so serious now. She looked at me with her bright (E/C) eyes. She pushed some hair behind her hair ear.