Chapter 22 Eventful Day

(A/N hey guys! I just got another person telling and annoying me to update in real life. I've been really busy..(or lazy) to write. I hope you like this chapter! (I think it sucks and very short) PS IM AM VERY VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE!! PPS I know this story is turning out differently from the other typical werewolf mate rejection stories but thats what makes it original. I also know that it's turning out to be also completely random..?)

Zoe's POV

Everyone laughed except for me and they stopped when they realized that I wasn't laughing with them.

Oh. My. God!

"Oh my gosh!!" I squealed.

They looked at me weirdly. "What?" Emmaline asked, confused.

Instead of answering her, I jumped up and down and stared at the horribly hot guy standing a few meters away from us. My wolf howled happily in my head and yelled about a billion times, 'MATE!!!!!!'

He was looking around until his sparkling hazel eyes saw mine, he grinned. That made my heart beat faster and adrenaline pump through my blood, I stopped jumping and froze, having a very bad feeling..? What's that supposed to mean? Aren't you supposed to feel happy and safe when you meet your mate? I mean, I did feel happy when I first saw him but when he looked at me.. Something felt different and weird.

He started walking towards me. "Hey." His voice sounded like music to my ears but it sent chills down my spine.

"H-Hey." I faked a smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Alex." He held out his hand.

"I-I'm Zoe." I shook his hands and felt sparks erupt.

"Are you new here?"

"Yes, why?"

'Hey, is everything alright?' Megan mind linked me. 'And who is that guy? I've never seen him before and he seems suspicious.'

'I-I think he's my mate..'

'WHAT!? Really!?'

'Yeah, I felt sparks when he touched me and my wolf said he was my mate.'

'Oh, that's great!'

'Yeah, but, like you said, he seems suspicious. I have a bad feeling about him..'

'Zoe! How could you say that about your mate!? You've only just met him! Maybe you're just nervous?'

'I guess you're right..' I said before I blocked her out.

"..And I saw you at the stage in front so I thought.." Alex continued. "Hey, are you still listening?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I kind of got distracted." I said sheepishly.

"So," He started casually, leaning against the wall. "You're my mate, huh?"

"Yeah.."

"So you're mine now?" He said, grabbing my wrists harshly.

"I'm not an object you can just take!" I said, slapping his hands away.

"What's going on here?" Emmaline asked, looking suspiciously at Alex.

"Nothing, just hitting on my mate." He said honestly.

"Your what?" She looked at me then back at him in disbelief.

"She's mine now so go away." Alex said.

"Mates are not something you can just own. They're not just objects or toys you can play with." Emma said angrily.