04

3rd person POV

"Emma, I...      I may have forgotten my wallet at home." He confessed.

Emma's eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. But she felt relieved at the same time. She thought, she could pay but then she realised, she didn't bring her wallet either.

"Are you crazy?! What do we do now?! Idiot!" She whisper yelled.

"We run, my dear good girl." He smirked. "Live a little."

She sent him a sharp look which he ignored as usual.

She was excited and nervous to do this. "On 3. 1.. 2.. 3.. Run! " he shouted and they ran out of the diner.

They ran like crazy maniacs but they didn't care. After they were sure they were far from the diner, they stopped to breathe.

"Alex, why do I feel so sleepy?" Emma asked yawning.

"Yeah I put sleeping pills in your drink" He blurted out accidently. Immediately, he slapped a hand over his mouth, cursing at himself.

"You what?! Why?!" She shrieked, almost falling if Alex hadn't caught her.
"I hate you, Alex." She muttered.

Alex picked her up bridal style and murmured, " I love you, missy."

He was glad he did so, or she wouldn't sleep. He carried her home and was tired from all the running and carrying Emma so he put Emma to sleep and went to sleep.

The next morning, they both woke up and had breakfast together, Emma was still pissed at him but soon forgave him. Alex dropped Emma at her university and went to handle the shops.

Emma received lots if hugs from teachers and friends who comforted her. Then she went to the cafe and shop, to receive more consoling hugs. She was stronger now and only let out a few tears.

She realised Alex was a good distraction, and was grateful for it.

The rest of the time passed by with and soon Alex left her in a very stable condition. She resumed her studies and talked to their lawyer who told her that her grandparents left all their property for her and she was their heir not Alex. Alex was fine with it as he had a whole company to look after.

A/N
How do you like it so far?