32: Drunk Card

hey guys before you rush to read the chapter, i have a few announcements: THE END OF THIS BOOK IS NEAR. if you're a regular reader of my books, you know that I sometimes do chapters in the guys perspective. that being said, i'm making a poll (that i'll probably post next chapter) that'll allow you guys to vote on which chapters you want me to write in Dominic's perspective. Also, I have 2-3 other books I plan on writing this summer (including the hiatus-ed the perfect balance) so IF YOU MAKE COVERS PM ME. I have a cover for one of the books already but not the other two. Lastly, thank y'all for being patient with this update. I was not home last night and I had to work this morning so I was really not able to update until now. :) enjoy. 

I stare at him, waiting for some kind of reaction. I just told him I like him and he's gaping at me in silent shock. My face is only getting redder and my palms are just getting sweatier. To encourage some kind of reaction, I throw his phone at him. "Say something!" I insist. His phone lands with a thud in the hamper behind him and he opens and closes his mouth like a fish.

"What?" he blurts. His eyes widen, revealing his deep green irises, which are clouded in confusion. How much clearer can I get?

"I'm not saying it again," I tell him.

"You like me?" he proposes as he grips the edges of the desk.

"Yes," I grunt as I grab my pillow. I throw it at him and one of his hands shoots out and catches it.

"You mean like-like?" he requests clarification as he clutches the pillow to his chest. "As in more than a friend? As in you have feelings for me?"

"That's what liking someone means," I grumble in annoyance at him for dragging this confession out. I throw my other pillow, which he catches and hugs, too. He stares at me in pure disbelief.

"Are you sure you're not drunk?" he asks. I squint at him as I contemplate taking the easy way out. I can easily back out of this confession by claiming I'm under the influence and rolling over to sleep. But I've already started so I might as well get it all out.

"I'm not drunk," I inform him. His eyes flit between both of mine and he exhales quietly, which causes my stomach to jump in my body. 

"Why didn't you say anything before?" he questions. I feel myself calming down when I don't see him keeled over puking. His forehead is wrinkled and his eyebrows are tugged together in a dubious and confused expression.

"Because you would've assumed I started liking you after we slept together," I respond as I flop back onto my back. I hear shuffling and I watch as he pulls himself up alongside me on the bed.

"Is that not what happened?" he asks and he tugs my legs onto his lap. I avoid his gaze as I collect the pillows and put them under my head. I wish he'd have smothered me with them. That would've been better than enduring this awkwardly casual conversation.

"No," I answer in short.

"Since when?" he questions as his eyes search my face. I'm suddenly hit with a realization: I'm finally doing it. I'm finally telling him about my feelings.

"Junior year," I answer quickly and a look of pure shock travels across his face. He does a double take as his mouth opens into a surprised 'O'. "I know... I'm such an idiot."

"Are you being serious right now?" he asks, which only makes me feel worse. I swallow my nerves and continue. There's no getting out of this situation so I might as well get it all off my chest.

"Yes," I answer. It's a little too late to say 'haha just kidding!'

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" he repeats urgently as he shakes my legs.