Epilogue

Hey guys. This is short but I figure there are like 4 more chapters in Dominic's perspective that are going to be much more fun to read. I have to work 6 days this upcoming week so I don't know when the next update will be. Stay tuned though.

I drop onto the couch with a large huff, which causes Nox to bound over towards me excitedly. He leaps into my lap, which causes the wind to knock out of me. I offer up a lap as he wags his tail and settles down into a laying position. I watch as Dominic hangs our diplomas on the wall to the left of me in an attempt to add finishing touches to our apartment. He adjusts them so that they're even before taking a step back and turning to me. "How do they look?" he asks.

"Good," I nod approvingly. My eyes scan the living room of our new apartment and I feel a sense of pride. "Half of my savings is gone but it's worth it."

"Half of my savings is gone, too," he says as he comes over to sit next to me on the couch. "But I start working at the summer school in a few days and next week, you start your job."

I smile at him and rest my head back on the couch. "You make everything feel okay," I sigh as I rub my hands along Nox's back. Dominic leaves a light kiss on my forehead before jumping up.

"Come on, you didn't put on that dress for nothing," he reminds me. "We have a date to get to. We have to celebrate our first place together somehow."

He stands before me, calls Nox off the couch, and tugs me up. In an attempt to get to our bedroom, he kicks a couple boxes out of the way. "Can you grab my shoes?" I ask and he nods before disappearing into our room.

He returns shortly and I pull my sandals on before opening the door. We shuffle out and into the warm June weather. "You know, it's just a matter of time before our family's insist on coming and seeing the apartment," he reminds me.

"Yeah, well, we should probably get rid of all those boxes," I respond. "Our friends want to come visit, too. Kat bought us a toaster oven."

"Wow, think of all the use we'll get out of that," he mumbles, which gets a light slap from me. He turns in the general direction of the beach and drags me along by my hand.

"Where is this date?" I ask.

"Do you remember that little restaurant where we had our first date? On Valentine's Day all those years ago?" he questions.

"Yes," I respond, which gets a nod from him. "This is coming to a full circle. Are you taking me there to break up with me?"

He laughs. "If I wanted to break up with you, I'd have done it four years ago when you told me that you only pretended to like Batman," he replies.

"I'm a little concerned that your loyalty to Batman is stronger than your loyalty to me," I mutter as I swing our hands.

"Look, it's nothing you didn't know about coming into the relationship," he responds. I roll my eyes at him before nodding to the apartment complex across the street from the beach. "Isn't West looking at a studio there?"

"Yeah," Dominic nods. "How great will that be? Having West that close to us? He totally won't randomly invite himself over or anything."

"Oh yeah, definitely not," I mutter. "Especially now that Jack works all the time."

I spot the vaguely familiar restaurant down the street and he offers me a large grin. "They moved everything around in there so we won't be able to sit at the exact same table but perhaps in the general vicinity."

We reach the destination and he opens the door for me. As we order our food, I'm catapulted back to the day four years ago where I was so unsure of Dominic's feelings for. How could I have been so dumb? It's clear to anyone with eyes that this boy loves me. I think it's pretty clear that I love him, too. Unsurprisingly, I laugh just as hard as I did when I first met him and I smile wider than I ever have before.