Dominic's Perspective: Chapter 32

Hey guys, I know I said I'd post the new books at the same time as these last two chapters but one of them isn't ready just yet so I'll post it on Thursday. I always post the first five chapters of a book to give you guys something to get attached to and I am still torn about whether or not I like the first chapter of one of the books. So just stay tuned. :)

"Because I like you, you idiot!" Nova shouts at me, sending waves of shock through my body. I find myself incapable of forming a coherent sentence so I can only stare at her. Her face reddens substantially as her eyes search mine for an answer. "Say something!" My phone is hurled in my direction and lands in her hamper. I go to speak but nothing comes out. This happens a few times before I can formulate a single word.

"What?" I ask. I probably look like an idiot. I must've heard her wrong. But I couldn't have. She wouldn't be overreacting so much if I did.

"I'm not saying it again," she snaps in a low voice, which only confirms my thoughts.

"You like me?" I ask as I wrap my fingers around her wooden desk.

"Yes," she says in frustration as she throws her pillow at me. I catch it with one hand and clutch it to my chest. It smells vaguely of her and I give a quick inhale.

"You mean like-like?" I query. "As in more than a friend? As in you have feelings for me?"

"That's what liking someone means," she grunts in annoyance. She throws her other pillow, which, again, I grab and pull to my chest. I can only stare at her as I process the words coming out of her mouth.

"Are you sure you're not drunk?" I ask before I get my hopes up. She assesses me for a second before offering a slow headshake.

"I'm not drunk," she verifies. I deeply examine her face, searching for any signs of disorientation. I sigh in slight relief when I notice that she seems fine.

"Why didn't you say anything before?" I ponder aloud as thoughts race through my mind. She likes me? She really likes me? Is this really happening right now?

"Because you would've assumed I started liking you after we slept together," she announces as she stretches out onto her back. My eyes double in size as I struggle even more to put meaning to her words. She liked me before we had sex? I approach her bed and pull myself up, placing her pillows down before taking a seat.

"Is that not what happened?" I question as I pull her legs onto my lap. I lightly rub her calves and she seems less nervous now. She averts her gaze and returns her pillows to their place beneath her head.

"No," she answers. I wait for her to tell me when it all started but she doesn't.

"Since when?" I press as I give her face a brief once over. She lightly nibbles her bottom lip as she contemplates answering.

"Junior year," she confesses. I don't intend to react as quickly or as fiercely as I do. My mouth drops open and my eyebrows shoot up. Junior year? She's liked me since junior year? And she's never said anything?! "I know... I'm such an idiot."

"Are you being serious right now?" I ask again. This better not be a fucked up joke.

"Yes," she answers and my heart starts to pound in my chest as I search her face over and over again.

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" I beg as I shake her legs.

"Because I didn't want to be rejected," she responds and I gape at her.

"You're kidding me, right?" I press. I've been in love with her for what seems like forever and she was scared of being rejected? Why the hell would I do that?