Chapter 37

I turned and ran to catch up with Harry and Hermione before going to Charms. During Charms Hermione and Harry kept looking at me and Ron kept asking them what was going on. I was glad when I was able to get away from them and help the rest of the class.

I ran ahead of the three of them on our way to Herbology. I easily caught up with Neville and Seamus and started talking to them on our walk to the greenhouses. Once we got inside I immediately found three open spots next to a few Hufflepuffs and dragged the two of them over with me.

Professor Sprout talked the whole time so there was no chance of anyone asking me any questions. I sighed in relief as I walked with Seamus to lunch. I had made it through the few classes without being yelled at or without having to tell Ron. I knew now that we had two hours to talk I would have to tell him everything and hopefully avoid getting yelled or lectured by Harry about Severus's ulterior motives.

I dragged myself into the Great Hall and was immediately ambushed by Harry Ron and Hermione. They dragged me over to my seat and I ate my lunch slowly. Once I couldn't draw out my eating anymore I looked up to see the three of them looking at me. Ron looked confused and Hermione and Harry looked irritated.

"Okay what's going on? They haven't told me anything and you've been avoiding us since Potions," questioned Ron.

I sighed and stood up, "Follow me. I need to tell you something but no one else can hear."

I heard Harry mumble something under his breath after this but he too stood up and followed me. Ron looked at Hermione who nodded as the two of them followed me out of the Great Hall and into the Gryffindor common room.

I went and sat on the couch next to Hermione and Harry, creating a barrier between myself and Ron.

"Why couldn't you just tell me in the Great Hall? I was still hungry you know."

"She doesn't want everyone to know. Or more like her father doesn't want anyone to know about her," Harry grumbled.

I glared daggers at him and said, "We both agreed on it. I probably wouldn't have told you even if he told me I could. You all hate him so much and you barely even know him."

Ron held up a hand and said, "Okay hold on you lost me. I thought your father was dead Jessica."

I sighed and said, "Well that was a lie. I didn't want you to know who my father really is because he's not exactly the most liked person."

Harry muttered, "That's an understatement."

Ron ignored him and focused on me saying, "Who's your father then?"

I bit my lower lip nervously; a habit I needed to break and said, "Professor Snape."

I looked down as his mouth dropped slightly open. As he realized what he was doing he quickly closed his mouth and looked at me as I returned his stare apprehensively.

"Snape is your dad?" he asked incredulously.

I nodded and said, "Yes."

"That's why you would always defend him. I would never think he had a daughter," he looked me over, "You two look a lot alike."

"You're not mad?" I questioned quietly, reverting my focus to the floor again.

He paused then said, "I'll admit that he isn't my favorite person on the Earth but just because you're related doesn't mean I hate you."

My whole body relaxed and I let out the breath I hadn't realized I was holding, "Okay good thanks."

He furrowed his brow and asked, "Just out of curiosity why didn't you tell us sooner?"