Chapter 39

Once I came through the portal hole I saw my friends were in the same spot as I had left them in. Ron looked very worried while Harry and Hermione looked concerned. With Hermione I wasn't sure if it was because of the homework in front of her or because of Ron.

I walked over to them quickly and said, "It's okay I cleared it all up. He isn't mad at you anymore."

Ron turned around and said, "Okay great thank you so much. I thought he was going to hex me on the spot. I still don't know why though."

I sighed and said, "We don't like to talk about my mother. We both hate her and that's the only reason he got mad. It wasn't your fault and I calmed him down and talked to him so it's okay now."

From the look on his face I knew he wanted to ask about why we hated my mother. Hermione sensed this too because she sent him a pointed glare that I was sure I wasn't supposed to see. None the less I was grateful to her that I didn't have to explain about my childhood.

Harry said, "Well come here and do your homework. You only have another hour until your lesson with Flitwick so you should try to get everything done."

I grinned and said, "Do you guys mind if I make you really jealous?"

Harry grinned and asked, "How so?"

With a wave of my hand a quill appeared and I said, "Now be amazed."

"By that quill?" Ron asked sarcastically grinning,

I shook my head and said, "No by what it does. Watch and be amazed."

With another wave of my hand and a more complicated spell the quill began to write whatever I directed it to write just by thinking it.

I had it stop and said to my friends, "Cool right?"

Hermione said, "You're right. I'm really jealous."

"You have to show us that spell during the club. Everyone will love it! You don't even have to do your homework," Ron said.

I laughed and said, "Not quite. I still have to know what I'm doing because I just send thoughts to the quill and it writes them."

"Oh it's a quick notes quill but through your mind and more thorough of notes!" Hermione exclaimed.

I nodded and she looked pleased as Harry said, "That means you're going to let us at least copy some of your homework right?"

I shrugged and said, "If you do three quarters of your essay I'll write the last quarter if I think the first three are pretty good."

Ron and Harry high fived while they both said, "Sweet thanks!"

I couldn't help but laugh as my quill scribbled away my Potions essay and my friends worked tediously on their homework.

About 45 minutes later I stood up and said, "Well I have to head out. Your essays look fine. I put some information into the quill so while I'm gone it can write the last part for you guys."

"Thanks Jessica," they chorused making me laugh.

With a wave at the three of them I walked out of the common room down the stairs and to the Charms classroom. With a quick glance down I realized I had 5 minutes until I was expected to be there. I waited outside the classroom until that time was down to two minutes then knocked firmly on the door.

"Come in," squeaked Professor Flitwick.

I opened the door and walked inside the Charms classroom. I scanned the room until my eyes landed on the short man near his desk in the far corner of the room.