seven.

Leigh was getting tired. She enjoyed being with Dallas more than she'd like to admit but it felt like she hadn't been alone in forever. These last few weeks, they've been together every day, even if only for a little bit if she or Dally just wanted to say hi. Her little time by herself is spent sleeping or wishing that she was. Her only conclusion was that she was drained.

Dallas, while he is pretty mild when they're alone together, had been running around a lot with some kids she knew little-to-nothing about. It seemed that they brought out the adventurer in him. She was being dragged into all kinds of little things, most of which were little petty thefts or riding around in random stolen cars, breaking stuff, dumb little mischief. The last thing she wanted was to end up at the sheriff's station but she could never seem to say no to him. It wasn't like she didn't have any fun, though, it gave her a rush just as much as Dally even though she probably wouldn't tell anyone that.

Leigh knew she was tired of arguing with Dallas and the easiest way to avoid a fight was to go along with him but for some reason today when he started to ask her to go with him on whatever he'd been thinking to do, she wouldn't.

"Winston, either you go without me or we do somethin' else. I ain't gettin' sent to jail 'cause of you."

"Come on, we ain't gonna get caught." He looked at the girl and something about the way she didn't look as lively or playful as usual made him feel a little bad for dragging her along and fighting her when she didn't wanna.

"You ain't gonna get caught. I'm not going, I don't care."

He made himself sigh, hoping it sounded like he was forcing himself to say his next sentence: "What do you wanna do?"

She stared at him and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" It sounded like a foreign sentence he'd just spoken. She hoped he'd say it again.

He did. "What is it you wanna do if you're too good to do what I want."

She held back a smile and her urge to wrap her arms around him. The fact that he asked her made her happier than she thought it would and it was simply because she knew he was willing to sacrifice his good time to do something she wanted. Her only problem was she didn't know what she wanted to do. She hated the idea of going out and he'd probably hate staying in. "I know you're gonna take this the wrong way but my dad works overnight for the next week and so why don't we just go to my place?"

He smirked and she rolled her eyes, "Don't you have brothers or somethin'?"

"Yeah, Luke works two jobs, savin' up for an apartment, so he'll be gone too. Levi, it he's home, ain't no bother he just stays in his room all the time sleepin' and eatin', probably won't even notice you there."

Dallas willingly walked towards the house that he'd become familiar with. "And what'll we be doin' in your house basically alone?"

She didn't know whether to play along and tease the hell out of him or tell him right away that nothing would happen. She decided to tease and she could get awfully dirty if she tried. Lucky for her, Dally was really easy to tease. She laughed at his frustration when they got to her place and sat on the couch, propping her feet up on his lap.

"You ain't funny, you know that?"

"I think it's hilarious." Dallas grabbed her hand and lightly pulled her up next to him. He had his arm wrapped around her waist and his lips were attached to her neck. She giggled to keep from letting him know she enjoyed it and upon hearing a door open, she lightly pushed the horny teenage boy away from her neck. Apparently, she and her brother thought alike. Leigh noticed through the TV her brother's terrible girlfriend leaving his room, marks all over her neck and her hair fallen out of place, followed by her brother. Dally looked at the two while Leigh focused on Twilight Zone.

"What's he doin' here?" Dallas ignored him and Leigh answered. The two guys had no problems but Levi wasn't a fan of someone like Dallas being with his sister. Especially at their house alone.

"What's that doin' here?" Leigh asks with a smug voice, looking at the girl who glared back at her.

"Watch it."

"Sorry, Vivian."

"Angel," the girl, Angel, corrected.

"Right, right, Vivian was the chick from yesterday." Dallas couldn't help but smirk. It was always fun when he got to see her get wise with someone who wasn't him. Both of them looked at Angel, who was flustered, and Levi, who looked like he was ready to kill his sister.

"Lay off, Leigh-Ann," Levi warned the girl on the couch. She quietly apologized and once Angel left, Levi asks what those two were gonna be doing all day.

"Not a damn thing," Leigh answered, sliding away from Dallas and resting her head on the arm of the couch. She saw him looking at her right before looking back at her brother who said he was going out with Bug. "Tell him I need something."

"How much of something?"

"He'll know." Levi shrugged and left the house after and Dally's face held a look of surprise.

"So I'm too adventurous for you but you do drugs now?"

She laughed and shook her head, "It ain't for me. Some of the ladies I work with are real into that kind of stuff."

"Oh, you're selling them."

"No, I'm like a," she thought of a good way to phrase what she was thinking, "like a middle-man. Bug gives 'em to me, to give to them and we split the cash."

"And here I thought I was the dangerous one."

She rolled her eyes and switched her position again. She was now lying on Dallas's shoulder. He didn't know if he wanted her to get up or not. He still hadn't gotten completely used to simple affection. Not trying just to get into someone's pants was only just becoming less foreign to him. Nevertheless, he enjoyed even sitting comfortably and watching the TV with her, arms wrapped around her and hers resting on him. They sat for a little while, talking, laughing, even talking about the show, Dally never really watched Twilight Zone, he usually gets bored staring at the TV for too long.

After a comfortable silence, and Leigh slightly dozing off, now laying on his lap, his hand running through her hair, she asked, randomly: "If I told you to leave would you be mad?"

"A little, I was hopin' to get some action."

She shook her head and sighed at his immaturity. "Would you come back?"

"You want me to leave?" he questioned, "'Cause it ain't a problem. I got better things to do than just sit here with a drug dealer."

"I ain't a dealer," she urged, "And I don't want you to leave."

"Then what are you askin' for?"

"Because I just wanna know how much you like me." He looked at her but she didn't know because her eyes were closed. He figured she was tired and saying whatever came to mind. He almost told her he really liked her before he stopped himself. "You're lucky I like you. I hate you so much sometimes," she paused to yawn, "but it's real annoying because even when you fight me 'cause I don't wanna go burn down a building or somethin', I don't really hate you." She mumbled a few more words before drifting off and Dallas thought seriously about leaving her alone but when he went to get up to make her more comfortable, she shook her head and made herself at home in her spot.

"Guess I'll stay here then."

edited 12-28-21