nineteen.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this," Leigh chuckled as Dallas took a seat in the car that he borrowed from Buck and let her borrow for the day. Dallas had actually found a little job thanks to the help of Gigi and Leigh. It took a few weeks for him to find a place that would take him seriously, but when he told Leigh and she started to help keep an ear out for him as well, it was like the pieces started falling into place. Weeks of applications, phone calls, interviews, mistakes on Dally's part, and waiting eventually led to somebody giving him a chance at a local grocery store warehouse. He didn't hate it and it paid pretty good, he had to admit that it did feel good getting a check for money that he actually earned.

He was all sweaty and sleeves rolled up to his elbows despite his saying that it was always cool in the warehouse. He buckled up as Leigh drove off. "Well get used to it," he says, "Soon, I won't have to keep takin' Buck's car."

"First thing you're savin' up for's a car, then?"

He shrugged, leaning on her shoulder which was exposed by the loose button-down shirt that actually belonged to Dallas and had begun falling off to the side. "First thing I want is enough to where you'll let me live with you instead of your friend."

She giggled and freed one of her hands to run through his hair which was damp with his sweat. She wanted nothing more than to live with Dallas, she would've moved him in tomorrow if he asked. "As much as I'd enjoy livin' with your mood swings, I can't kick G out like that."

"Well, she won't mind."

"You don't know that," the blonde warned, looking down at the boy beside her before continuing, "Gigi is real good about hiding her feelings and holdin' grudges about things she expects people to know."

"Well, she's the one who told me."

"Yeah?" He hums and nods in response and Leigh grew curious. "Since when do you guys talk?"

He shrugged, part of him not caring to answer the question that had been asked. His arm wrapped around her waist and his face nuzzled into her neck as he pressed kisses against her skin. His working had him feeling a strange mix of sleepiness with adrenaline which only made seeing his girlfriend in her shorts and his shirt that much more exciting. "Only a little bit. She helped with the job stuff and said she had another place to go when I get it together."

"I'm drivin', Winston, get off my neck."

"Where are we goin'?"

"I'm takin' you and this car back to Buck's."

"Keep it, let's go to yours."

Leigh groaned and while stopped at a red light, pushed him away completely using both hands to pry his wandering ones off of her. "Winston, I'm takin' you to Buck's and you can go and sleep or whatever you do back there whenever you're off work."

"Or you could pull over." She scoffed at his suggestion and sped off as the light turns green and noticing a car turning dangerously close to her, she slammed on the brakes.

Dallas cursed loudly as his head hit the dashboard and Leigh cursed just as loud at the person who was now driving the opposite direction and yelling right back at her. She had a moment of annoyance while driving but looked at Winston, who was beginning to bruise on his eyebrow and the surrounding area. "That's one way to get you off me," she chuckled.

"I ain't bleedin' am I?"

"Yeah, I'll patch it up at my place."

"All better," Leigh said, kissing over the large bandage she used to cover the bloody bruise on his head.

'I ain't a kid, you don't gotta kiss it better."