Chapter Twenty

Cassandra looked down as she scooped her last bite, "Let's go get pizza.."

"I would love to, but I have a date."

Cassandra smiled as continued to scoop, "Oh, so the mom in the waiting room did get your number.."

"Ha.. Ha.. No, but.."

Cassandra bumped into him since he had stopped walking. She looked up to his shocked distant face, "Tyler?"

"Run..."

She glanced back and whispered,  "No." as she spotted a determined Olin pushing through the sidewalk traffic. She looked to Tyler, "No, he'll.."

Tyler grabbed both shoulders, "I know, but run.."

Cassandra turned and started to walk as fast as she could. She turned over her shoulder to see Olin's face wrinkle in anger, "Cassandra! Stop!"

She whimpered as she picked up her pace.

Tyler sighed and rolled up his sleeves, "Hey Olin! How's it hanging?"

Olin spoke through pressed teeth before he took his swing, "Longer than yours

Olin spoke through pressed teeth before he took his swing, "Longer than yours." His fist made perfect contact with his jaw, knocking him down. Olin popped his neck as he stepped over him. Tyler growled as he grabbed his ankle and bit his calf, "Shit!" He turned to Tyler and stomped his shoulder making him release his bite, but Tyler continued to hang on to his ankle. Olin roared once as he started to drag Tyler down the side walk. He heaved as he looked down to the dead weight, "Let go!"

"Not until you listen to me!"

Olin looked straight ahead as he continued to drag him, "What?"

"I was the one that called Kim.."

Olin rolled his eyes and looked down to him, "Nah shit!" He pursed his lips and kicked towards his chest making Tyler released his hands to block him. Olin chuckled and took off after Cassandra.

Tyler quickly pulled himself from the ground and ran after him, "Leave her alone!"

"No!" Olin kept up his sprint as his shoes clicked heavily against the sidewalk.

Cassandra was heaving as she looked over her shoulder again. She turned down an alley but realized it was a dead end. She quickly turn back to the side walk, but both feet slipped in a puddle and she went down fast. The back of her head hit the hard pavement with a sickening thud. She gasped as she laid flat on her back and stared at the sky while her vision blurred. She blinked and her eyes slowly focused, but she could tell something felt different.

Olin slid to a stop in front of the alley way and spotted her. He quickly ran to her and kneeled over her, "What happened?!"

She pursed her lips as she tried to fight him off, but didn't scream or say anything.

Olin tried his best to be gentle with her as he restrained her wrist.

Tyler huffed as he caught up and stopped at the alley entrance, "Cassi?... Cassi?!" He ran over to the fighting couple, and try to break them up. "Did you do this?"